• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

erlll

erlll

May 24, 2024
First of all, sorry for blogposting and if this comes off as weird. I'm a newfag and haven't had much time to lurk.

Now, to my post. I have a learning disability, so getting into new things has always been hard for me. Despite this, I've always felt like I could achieve something. But today, I found an AI site called Suno that makes music, and it made me feel like everything I do is worthless.

I've been trying to learn FL Studio for the past two years while I was a NEET, but I still suck at it. I've always wanted to be a musician since I was a kid. I play the guitar and have tried to stay positive about AI, but now I feel like AI will always do everything better than me. It's discouraging, and I think we're doomed.

On a personal note, I don't have much else going for me. I feel unattractive and can't afford surgery, so I don't think I'll ever find love. I don't see myself having kids or anything like that, and for the first time, I really don't know what to do with my life. There has always been something I wanted to strive for, but now Its all gone

im going to wait i guess

viljalauss

viljalauss

he/they 21
Aug 22, 2023
hii i hope it's ok to respond to this

music is cool as fuck. so is making music. i've also wanted to be a musician since i was a kid, but only got round to songwriting/producing (ok producing is a strong word) like 2 years ago. i use bandlab and honestly suck at it also, but from the little i know of fl studio it seems so so cool like the amount of complexity you can put into a few seconds of music, all the effects (also plugins is that a thing).. yea :D

ai.. yea. everyone around me seems so optimistic or at least interested in ai and its developments. i just feel dread. i was shown a video the other day of an ai translator interpreting for two different-language speakers. people in the professional translation field say a lot along the lines of 'but ai can't translate with human nuances so we'll be fine' - but it honestly feels like a cope, especially when there are videos of even speaking ais sounding eerily human with eerily human speech mannerisms. and what about the people who do just work as interpreters and want to keep doing that?

i feel similarly around ai in music (a phrase that in itself sounds disheartening). even bandlab has created a function called 'songstarter' using ai.. i don't know. creating will always be good for creating's sake, i think - but it is hard to feel the rewarding effects that should come from doing such creating when the thought looms that ai could do what you did better than you

also guitar is cool

• Love
Reactions: lovedread and erlll