I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
Hello there, I am hanging myself. I am on a strict suicide watch by my immediate family.

Therefore I can't experiment with hanging. And therefore I have decided to go for full suspension hanging. I have a reliable anchor point and a reliable way to ensure that I won't be found for atleast 30 minutes.

However, a reliable ligature is what that I have yet to buy. I don't care about pain at all. I just want a confirmed death and therefore I intend to make it as lethal as possible.

I have the following options to choose from:
1. A paracord of diameter 4mm and breaking strength 550 lbs.

2. A climbing cow's tail 8.0 mm kernamantle nylon rope sling of diameter 8 mm and breaking strength unspecified.

3. Prusik Accessory cord diameter starter rope of diameter 6 mm and breaking strength of 650 kg.

4. Safety outdoor rock tree climbing sport sling rapelling protection rope rescue gear cord of diameter 9.5 mm and breaking strength 1200 kg.

Please tell which one should I go with. Won't a ligature of diameter around 10 mm have an unreliable noose? What if the noose opens?

And won't a ligature of diameter around 4 mm break in full suspension?

And are rope slings reliable enough given that they are stretchable?

I am seriously confused about what ligature should I use. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: mirko and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
From the 4 choices I think you should go for the 9.5mm rope. It is advisable to use a 10mm or above but 9.5 is close to 10 so no difference.

I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
From the 4 choices I think you should go for the 9.5mm rope. It is advisable to use a 10mm or above but 9.5 is close to 10 so no difference.
Isn't there a risk of the noose opening with a ligature of diameter around 10 mm?

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Isn't there a risk of the noose opening with a ligature of diameter around 10 mm?
If its a well made knot then I don't think so. Many ppl advice slip knot but I'm going to use hangman.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I tried using a necktie and seemed to work but I gave up becase I thought my head was going to explode and I would get permanent brain damage :(

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sherri and death137
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I tried using a necktie and seemed to work but I gave up becase I thought my head was going to explode and I would get permanent brain damage :(
I know that feeling. I also tried that once too, my head felt the same...

• Aww..
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, noname223 and WornOutLife
I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
To make sure the knot won't slip
Can you tell what are the consequences of using a hangman's knot? Is it as lethal as a simple noose? Or is it more lethal?

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Can you tell what are the consequences of using a hangman's knot? Is it as lethal as a simple noose? Or is it more lethal?
If you make the hangman noose to tighten easily then it can be as lethal as a simple noose.

Uzera

Uzera

Apr 11, 2020
Please be really careful about this. A botched hanging has serious consequences, you could be so disabled you cant attempt again. If I was gonna hang myself I'd probably run off and go do it in the middle of the woods where no one will find me, and double that if I was on suicide watch.

Reactions: Barracuda91 and Wrennie
I

Initiated

Is life worth living?
Dec 5, 2020
Please be really careful about this. A botched hanging has serious consequences, you could be so disabled you cant attempt again. If I was gonna hang myself I'd probably run off and go do it in the middle of the woods where no one will find me, and double that if I was on suicide watch.
I can't go to woods. Also I have the means to do it in my home. Only thing that is stopping me is access to a reliable ligature.

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I can't go to woods. Also I have the means to do it in my home. Only thing that is stopping me is access to a reliable ligature.
Are you concerned about your family finding you? Also what is your gameplan to find the privacy to not be rushed and to do it right...Thinking of you @Initiated..

happiestman

happiestman

May 8, 2020
I found this thread on hanging. hope it helps.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/

Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I doubt they want you to kill them. Your reasoning is flawed. It is not necessary to kill them, although I understand how you feel.

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Woe hold on, what did you say? How are you planning to do that to them?

Reactions: Pen>Sword
mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
Idk its just what I've heard. Appearantly it has more friction or something like that. Also don't take me seriously because I'm an idiot who has no idea what he's talking about

V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
Resource for 10 mm rope is recommended?

Last edited:
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
i'm in the same boat i have one chance to overdose with something effective

Reactions: Death is beautiful