• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

aliceliddel

aliceliddel

the miserable lady
Jun 1, 2019
I have a big room and dont wanna die inside the bathroom. How mutch charcoal i will need? I really have a lot of doubts becausei this method can let in me permanent sequels, soo i want do it right. My room mesures are 3x3m large, and 2m high.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Circles
aliceliddel

aliceliddel

the miserable lady
Jun 1, 2019
Someone?

Reactions: Circles
FrankieMay

FrankieMay

May 21, 2019
I don't think doing it in a house is a good idea since toy could harm others. You would also need quite a lot of charcoal too I think. Im no expert though

Maybe check out the carbon monoxide mega thread for more support

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, AtomicNewt, Circles and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
That is a very large room to fill with CO. If there is a way to narrow down the space you might have a better chance. You must look carefully into the type of charcoal you get too. Much of it is made from low-yield CO products, and will not work in any size of space. Please do a whack load of research before committing to this method. Have you checked out the resource section? Pretty good info. there.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Lifeisatrap, Circles and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
People have died of carbon monoxide poisoning in large rooms, but only by accident due to faulty heaters.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Circles and Deleted member 1768
P

PBis

May 24, 2019
What Poof said. But - during a test run i did some years ago, I got a reading of over 800 ppm with approx. 4 kgs of smouldering (good quality) charcoal in a 2,7 x 3,4 x 3 m room - so it sounds possible to me. Best thing would be to get a CO monitor which measures up to 1000 ppm (mine was 200 euros) and do a test to see if you can achieve a deadly concentration for a period of 3-4 hours. 800 ppm should kill you within that amount of time.

Mind you I am a little suspicious that even "professional" CO monitors may have some kind of safety margin built in...

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Lifeisatrap and Circles
L

lettherightonein

Jun 11, 2019
I think you should really find a small room. It should be much easier to reach the lethal amount.

Also, if you try it, please make sure you are alone in the house.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, jake3d and Circles
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
What Poof said. But - during a test run i did some years ago, I got a reading of over 800 ppm with approx. 4 kgs of smouldering (good quality) charcoal in a 2,7 x 3,4 x 3 m room - so it sounds possible to me. Best thing would be to get a CO monitor which measures up to 1000 ppm (mine was 200 euros) and do a test to see if you can achieve a deadly concentration for a period of 3-4 hours. 800 ppm should kill you within that amount of time.

Mind you I am a little suspicious that even "professional" CO monitors may have some kind of safety margin built in...
There is a chart on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_poisoning
It shows different levels of ppm (parts/million) and there health effects.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Yaalya

Yaalya

May 7, 2019
so you room is 18 m3. i woould use 200g+ per m3 for a high concentration of CO. for my last test i used like 160g per m3 and reached 2000ppm after 12min in my 12m3 room... i used briquettes and normal charcoal. (m3 = qubic meter)
for more informations use the search funktion. in this forum are a lot threads of CO. also visite the both 8chan threads.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and Lifeisatrap