K

Karangel25

Experienced
Mar 9, 2019
I'm not sure which one to take. I'm leaning more torward the azide as it's more fatal.
I just need to figure out how much to take.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and fisil
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
I would prefer SN it's just more peacefull, but since you have both you know most of this stuff.

Reactions: littlelady774 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
SN is much more peaceful tbh, SA is brutal as hell; and I heard that there's a chance of endangering other people.

K

Karangel25

Experienced
Mar 9, 2019
How is it more peaceful? Im
Curious. I'm just scared the sodium nitrite. Won't work or something.

Reactions: Walilamdzi, littlelady774 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
Just read ppeh and the azide/SN megathread.
Why should SN not work?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
K

Karangel25

Experienced
Mar 9, 2019
I dinno. I just have a feeling. How is n more peaceful?
How is an more peaceful?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and fisil
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
I dinno. I just have a feeling. How is n more peaceful?
How is an more peaceful?
N is the best one of this three. Just read the ppeh the rate every method.

Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
SA if youre certain to end it. SN for more of a peaceful way than SA.

Reactions: OnlyMercy, littlelady774, Circles and 2 others
K

Karangel25

Experienced
Mar 9, 2019
I don't understand how sn is more peaceful than sa. Can come one explain?
Right maybe I can hold off and get the n. I'm just ready to go now.

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I don't understand how sn is more peaceful than sa. Can come one explain?
Right maybe I can hold off and get the n. I'm just ready to go now.

Sodium azide, sodium cyanide, and potassium cyanide are mitochondrial poisons. They inhibit production of ATP and this causes your cells to be starved of oxygen. You will feel yourself suffocating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walilamdzi, littlelady774 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
K

Karangel25

Experienced
Mar 9, 2019
Got. Ya. So sodium nitrite diesnt do that? Maybe I could try to get Nembutal. But what's the point if I'm ginna die anyway. Isn't it fast acting?

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Got. Ya. So sodium nitrite diesnt do that? Maybe I could try to get Nembutal. But what's the point if I'm ginna die anyway. Isn't it fast acting?

Sodium nitrite turns normal hemoglobin (what caries oxygen around your body) into methemoglobin. This means your brain is not getting any oxygen and you will lose consciousness and die. You would not feel yourself suffocating. Nembutal is very quick and painless so it's considered the gold standard for euthanasia. Nembutal is my method.

Reactions: Walilamdzi, Feline, Bluedew and 3 others
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I'm not sure which one to take. I'm leaning more torward the azide as it's more fatal.
I just need to figure out how much to take.
Sodium Nitrite is more peaceful according to the PPH.

Reactions: Bluedew, littlelady774 and est0091
K

Karangel25

Experienced
Mar 9, 2019
Maybe I can hold out fir Nembutal next month. Or just try sodium nitrite. I guess Nembutal is good because you loose conciousness first

Reactions: Feline and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Maybe I can hold out fir Nembutal next month. Or just try sodium nitrite. I guess Nembutal is good because you loose conciousness first
No need to "try" SN. It will work if you have at least 8 hours of time to yourself which is easily accoplished by going to a motel and putting a do not disturb sign on the door. Or you can go camping with a tent.

Reactions: Bluedew
F

fisil

Arcanist
Mar 9, 2019
Why you order all this stuff if you don't know how it works? You lose conciousness with SN too, but it takes more time and you may feel some headache or other pain before.

Reactions: Bluedew, littlelady774 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
K

Karangel25

Experienced
Mar 9, 2019
I was looking it up. Now I just gotta figure out which one I will do. I have that tome to myself. Does it really take 8 hours? With sn. How much will I need? I don't have a scale so how can I measure grams

Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018
No need to "try" SN. It will work if you have at least 8 hours of time to yourself which is easily accoplished by going to a motel and putting a do not disturb sign on the door. Or you can go camping with a tent.
i thought from people reporting that u need 30 mins after ingestion SN to pass away?

Reactions: Bluedew
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
i thought from people reporting that u need 30 mins after ingestion SN to pass away?
Yeah that is the general rule of thumb but there are a few cases or one case where it took up to 8 hours.

Reactions: Feline and Bluedew
Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018
Yeah that is the general rule of thumb but there are a few cases or one case where it took up to 8 hours.

where do u find that?

if u see on the forum here people who practically use it are gone in 30 mins

Reactions: Feline
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
how is this reliable more than first hand experience?
do u have critical thinking?
Both are case studies or anecdotes. And both are probably true. They are not mutually exclusive.

Yes the general rule is likely that most people die in 30 minutes, but in some people that likely have a genetic variance can take up to 8 hours to die. I don't see the conflict. It's not like you have some great source that is contradicting what I am pointing out, like some meta-analysis study that cross culturally studied multipule double bind placebo controlled studies around the world. LOL come on man of course I have some critical thinking, and apparently some intelligence with some humor too. LOL

Reactions: Marawa
Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018
Both are case studies or anecdotes. And both are probably true. They are not mutually exclusive.

Yes the general rule is likely that most people die in 30 minutes, but in some people that likely have a genetic variance can take up to 8 hours to die. I don't see the conflict. It's not like you have some great source that is contradicting what I am pointing out, like some meta-analysis study that cross culturally studied multipule double bind placebo controlled studies around the world. LOL come on man of course I have some critical thinking, and apparently some intelligence with some humor too. LOL
not thinking critically enough brought me to this position

how can some people die in 30 min while others in 8 hours?
does it make sense to u?

to me it doesnt
and im more to believe people who report live here than a case study that also might be fake

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
not thinking critically enough brought me to this position

how can some people die in 30 min while others in 8 hours?
does it make sense to u?

to me it doesnt
and im more to believe people who report live here than a case study that also might be fake
Yes it does make sense to me. Because I know that some people are very different genetically speaking than others. That is why some people have "rare side effects" from certain medications. If you were to think critically you should ask what is the difference between believing something someone typed on the forum versus something someone typed on the suicide wiki. The answer is there is no difference, because they both are just anecdotes and they don't come from an authoritative study done by some university. They are all just anecdotes, an anecdote is "a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person."

The same is true for Nembutal too. Most people die a few hours after ingestion, but a few people can up to 12 hours. This is because everyone's genetics are different. That doesn't mean that it works the same for every method. Like your probably not going to get that much variance for like inert gas, but even still some people respond very differently to some drugs. I hope that helps you understand this better. I think what could help you understand critical thinking better could be for you to try to look at the world in a much more nuanced way. Nuanced means "a subtle difference in or shade of meaning, expression, or sound." What can help with all this is doubt. The heart of critical thinking and even nuance is doubt. Meaning don't just take things at face value. Anyway I hope that helps you understand this.

• Time to death after oral ingestion of 10-12 grams pentobarbital (261 cases)
Similarly to the table displayed above, the following table (mentioned in Guide to a Humane Self-Chosen Death) provides the time to death as reported by the right-to-die organisation "Exit deutsche Schweiz" (which literally translates as Exit German Switzerland).

Time To DeathNumber of
people/percentages
0-15 minutes70 people (27%)
16-30 minutes115 (44%)
30-60 minutes44 (17%)
1-2 hours11 (4%)
2-12 hours20 (8%)
> 12 hours1 (0.4%)
Total261 (100%)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluedew and zadig777