Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I have been condescendingly told before that " life is for living " after I have hinted at taking my life or not wanting to be in this world , . She said it as though life was given to me to live and that I have no right to end it . I have been told this same sentence by a few other people

But I always finish the sentence when I get told that

They say " life is for living .... " and in my mind I finish it off with " .... if you choose to "

Sorry just another random nit pick

Reactions: TAW122, puppy9 and LittleJem
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Pro-life folks twist the right to life into a perverted duty to live.

Reactions: LittleJem, saw_him, AtomicNewt and 5 others
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
'life is for living' is simply a tautology - words with an assumed meaning, fine if you agree with it, but it's preaching to the converted really. Besides, just because you can say something, it doesn't mean that it's true. There are libraries full of works of fiction. I've even read one of two of them.

I'd respond, just as tritely, 'and death is for dying'.

Reactions: TAW122, Soul and omoidarui
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
You have every fucking right to end it. Everyone does. Talking to pro-lifers is like talking to a brick wall.

Reactions: LittleJem, saw_him, AtomicNewt and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I have been condescendingly told before that " life is for living " after I have hinted at taking my life or not wanting to be in this world , . She said it as though life was given to me to live and that I have no right to end it . I have been told this same sentence by a few other people

They say " life is for living .... " and in my mind I finish it off with " .... if you choose to "

Then ask her, why do people die? LOL Mental gymnastics, incoming in 3...2...1... The only logical conclusion is life is for living and DYING.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thorn
T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
Life is also a slow process of dying. And considering what is going on currently in the world, they have implemented multiple mechanisms to speed it up considerably. Hypocrisy is such a lovely phenomenon.

Reactions: Severen
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018

Non-suicidal people tend to see life differently - suicidal people are an exception..
I wonder what should be so surprising about this fact ?
Non-suicidal people tend to abhor the thought that folks they know will be offing themselves because it's a traumatizing and dispiriting experience for EVERYONE.
The egotists !
Seriously, is that somehow hard to understand, must it be concerted into an organized fascist attempt to oppress one beyond death ?
The human desire to be the better victim is extremely pronounced these days.
Humans are social animals who crave recognition till the last, croaking breath.
Though the ultimate joy we experience is probably self-pity.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtomicNewt
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've encountered this quite frequently in society and IRL. I usually don't argue with them but rather dismiss them as quickly as possible and then go about my day. It's not that I agree with them (I strongly disagree with the majority of society and pro-life, anti-suicide people), I just don't want to create a scene or draw attention to them nor give them any cause to question/probe me. If I could give them a piece of my mind about it (without risk or consequences) then I would.