F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021

At least with other mental disorders you can take a pill and be semi normal. With autism there is no such pill. Especially if you live in an environment that is ignorant of mental disorders, to most other people you are less than human. But no you don't even get to benefit from being useless and incapable, you still have to participate in society and pretend to be normal even though you fail every time.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife, suicidesheep31, FuneralCry and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've had high functioning autism all my life. I think it's why I've always struggled with living, my mind is simply not suited to function in this world. I think the worst part for me has been adults who do not understand autism properly and have treated me in a patronizing way. I have always struggled with sensory intolerance in particularly sounds. It has probably caused my lifelong depression. I understand what you mean, trying doing normal things have always just stressed me out and made me feel worse.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: akana, demuic, BottomlessPit and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Sorry to hear that!
When I was a teenager, my parents thought I was autistic.

I have a student who suffers from autism and he's one of the best persons I've ever known! So intelligent and nice!
You just gotta give him his time. He's one of my best students!

So, don't feel bad about this. I think reading a lot about what you might have is great!

When I found out I was bipolar type 1. I read a lot about it and now it feels quite good to understand my mental illness!