FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
2023 has been the worst year ever for me because everything has kept going wrong throughout the months. The only good news I finally had wss being told that I got accepted for a masters degree programme to study at one of top the 20 universities in the UK. For the first time this year I was actually happy and looking forward to a new start. I got news just weeks before my 26th birthday.

I was supposed to start my course this October but now I can't because of financial issues regarding tuition so my mum has decided it's best I go next year because the family fianaces will be more stable. I actually lashed out agaisnt my mother and grandmother. I told them how much I hate our relatives and expressed my pure anger over my mum and grandmother always giving away money to help these ungrateful free loading piece of shit relatives throughout the years. My family finally know I despise the relatives.

My mother keeps preaching about everything happens for a reason and "Gods plan". I do not want to fucking hear it. Going to that university meant the world to me and preparing to get there was the only thing that made me so happy. All year I have been dealing with the loss of confidence since getting fired, the worst heartbreak because I deeply loved that man so much and wanted a future with him. I didn't care that he is 55 years old with grey hair.. I still love him despite the enormous pain he caused me and all the bullshit that happened this year.

I will now be 27 when I start my course this is absolutely terrible. It's so hard seeing women I grew up with getting married, having careers or serious relationships with thier boyfriends then here is me my life nothing is going right. Its already too late for me to find love. The heartbreak has been too much I feel like I will never find a man who made me feel special the way he did and the fun times we had before he cruelly played with my feelings, i was so stupid. I will be 28 when I finish my masters. I am so far behind everyone else. I genuinely feel like my entire life is over. No partner, no career, nothing to live for.

The next couple of months I have nothing to live for nor look forward too. I can't even have this 1 bit of joy this year. I won't be surprised if I attempt suicide by the end of the year because its the worst year ever.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Twntysix, theEndCH, Costrecce and 8 others
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I got my masters at 40😞

• Love
Reactions: DeadHead, jar-baby and FireFox
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
I will not try to make it easy for you, but there are many people who have not even finished university. There is no need for someone to make you happy. You create happiness within yourself.

Reactions: DeadHead and marlyn
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
27 is still quite young. Your life is far from over. And it's never too late to further your formal education.

🫂

H

HighOctane

EarthRover
Aug 14, 2023
sorry to hear the situation you're going through. Similar position to you and I got the "gods plan" shit as well, being from a Muslim family made it worse when I said god doesn't exist (which led to being disowned)

I'm 28, just started my second year of uni. Meanwhile everyone else finished uni at years ago and already have jobs in the fields they want, with houses and partners.

As for the heartbreak, I hope time heals you. A broken heart is hard to fix but it can be mending with the right mindset.

You will achieve your goals, just stick to it and try the best you can.

Good luck and here if you need!

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
2023 has been the worst year ever for me because everything has kept going wrong throughout the months. The only good news I finally had wss being told that I got accepted for a masters degree programme to study at one of top the 20 universities in the UK. For the first time this year I was actually happy and looking forward to a new start. I got news just weeks before my 26th birthday.

I was supposed to start my course this October but now I can't because of financial issues regarding tuition so my mum has decided it's best I go next year because the family fianaces will be more stable. I actually lashed out agaisnt my mother and grandmother. I told them how much I hate our relatives and expressed my pure anger over my mum and grandmother always giving away money to help these ungrateful free loading piece of shit relatives throughout the years. My family finally know I despise the relatives.

My mother keeps preaching about everything happens for a reason and "Gods plan". I do not want to fucking hear it. Going to that university meant the world to me and preparing to get there was the only thing that made me so happy. All year I have been dealing with the loss of confidence since getting fired, the worst heartbreak because I deeply loved that man so much and wanted a future with him. I didn't care that he is 55 years old with grey hair.. I still love him despite the enormous pain he caused me and all the bullshit that happened this year.

I will now be 27 when I start my course this is absolutely terrible. It's so hard seeing women I grew up with getting married, having careers or serious relationships with thier boyfriends then here is me my life nothing is going right. Its already too late for me to find love. The heartbreak has been too much I feel like I will never find a man who made me feel special the way he did and the fun times we had before he cruelly played with my feelings, i was so stupid. I will be 28 when I finish my masters. I am so far behind everyone else. I genuinely feel like my entire life is over. No partner, no career, nothing to live for.

The next couple of months I have nothing to live for nor look forward too. I can't even have this 1 bit of joy this year. I won't be surprised if I attempt suicide by the end of the year because its the worst year ever.
I understand the feeling... I was in medical school and then was the victim of crimes and poof just like that dream of being a doctor gone. Family abandoned me despite being wealthy I'm homeless. I didn't do anything wrong... no future. No family. Nothing everything is gone... So I understand.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
As someone with a brain tumour that is getting bigger all the time, it's quite shocking to me that you think you have nothing to live for.

omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
You're still young man. You aren't total doomer your life is far from over

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
As someone with a brain tumour that is getting bigger all the time, it's quite shocking to me that you think you have nothing to live for.

It's not for any of us to decide whether someone else's life is worth living. It's a subjective matter.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
It's not for any of us to decide whether someone else's life is worth living. It's a subjective matter.
I'm entitled to give my opinion. It's not for anyone else to decide whether it's valid.

Reactions: Captive_Mind515
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
I'm entitled to give my opinion. It's not for anyone else to decide whether it's valid.

Agreed. I never meant to suggest your feelings weren't valid.

I can sympathise with the position you're in and your perspective. It's not an uncommon way to feel.

However, the OP does have the right to feel that way about their life as well.

O

Oncologynurz123

Dec 16, 2021

I can relate. I was supposed to start my bachelor's next week and now cannot due to legal and money problems. It really was the only good thing I had going for me. Sorry you are dealing with such disappointment.

dead-yaga

dead-yaga

muddy moon
Oct 24, 2020
i was supposed to transfer to my dream major, marry the love of my life, and move in with them by now.
now theyre dead and i live with my parents but i dont eat or sleep or leave my room or really even the house unless its to do drugs or have sex with strangers
a lot can change in a year

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Twntysix and front of me
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Slf cn cmpletly undrstnd hw u r feelng -- bcse slf ws stdying prt-tme slf qualfcatns tk yrs & slf startd Msc whn ws 31 & finshd whn ws 34 -- b-ing 28/29 whn finshng wll stll leav u lts of tme fr a creer -- lts of ppl r changng creers in thr 30s & 40s nowdays

Regardng th/ persn wh/ hurt u -- am srry tht h/ put u thru tht - u d/ nt dserve it

Wll sy agn tho frm sme1 wh/ = oldr -- mny womn ur ag wll g gettng mrried rgh lt nw & i n 5 yers thre = gd chnce tht a numbr of thm wll b gettng dvorcd & startng agn -- mny ppl re-mrry in thr 30s & strt agn

S/ cn undrstnd feelng tht u r b-hnd bt thngs chngs fr evry1 & u stll hve tme

Obvsly tht ds nt tke awy th/ frustratn & hurt tht u r feelng rght nw -- espclly if th/ 1 thng tht u wre lookng 4wrd 2 ws takn awy bcse ur famly ws priortisng othr ppl

= mght b wrth lookng in2 sme wrk xpernce tht wld b relvnt 2 ur Mastrs wll whch hlp gve u a step up fr gettng a jb aftr u hve gradu8td

• Hugs
Reactions: Twntysix
T

Twntysix

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
Aug 26, 2021
Slf cn cmpletly undrstnd hw u r feelng -- bcse slf ws stdying prt-tme slf qualfcatns tk yrs & slf startd Msc whn ws 31 & finshd whn ws 34 -- b-ing 28/29 whn finshng wll stll leav u lts of tme fr a creer -- lts of ppl r changng creers in thr 30s & 40s nowdays

Regardng th/ persn wh/ hurt u -- am srry tht h/ put u thru tht - u d/ nt dserve it

Wll sy agn tho frm sme1 wh/ = oldr -- mny womn ur ag wll g gettng mrried rgh lt nw & i n 5 yers thre = gd chnce tht a numbr of thm wll b gettng dvorcd & startng agn -- mny ppl re-mrry in thr 30s & strt agn

S/ cn undrstnd feelng tht u r b-hnd bt thngs chngs fr evry1 & u stll hve tme

Obvsly tht ds nt tke awy th/ frustratn & hurt tht u r feelng rght nw -- espclly if th/ 1 thng tht u wre lookng 4wrd 2 ws takn awy bcse ur famly ws priortisng othr ppl

= mght b wrth lookng in2 sme wrk xpernce tht wld b relvnt 2 ur Mastrs wll whch hlp gve u a step up fr gettng a jb aftr u hve gradu8td
Translation
I can completely understand how you are feeling. Because i was studying part time self-qualifications took years and i started Msc (?) when i was 31 and finished when i was 34. Being 28/29 when finishing will still leave you lots of time for a career, lots of people change their career in their 30s and 40s nowadays.

Regarding the person who hurt you, i am sorry that he put you through that, you do not deserve it.

Wil say again tho from someone who is older, many women your age will go getting married (?) and in 5 years there is a good chance that a number of them will be getting divorced and started again, many people remarry in their 30s and started again

So i can understand feeling that you are behind but things are changes for everyone and you still have time.

Obviously, that does not take away the frustration and hurts that you are feeling right now, especially if the one thing that you were looking forward to was taken away because your family was prioritizing other people.

It might be worth looking into some work experience that would be relevant to your masters, which will help give you a step up for getting a job after you have graduated.

(Note from me: apologies for any mistake or typo, please let me know)

Last edited: