Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I have a theory . I made a few threads on this forum a little while back where I said that I have had vague memories ( or feelings ) of living in previous lives , but as the same person I am now . The same face , name , family and every thing , but with variations of what happens in those lives . I am not a religious person , but I some times think a bit spiritually . I read a post by a girl under a You Tube video earlier and it struck a chord with me in a big way

I often wonder if we are in some sort of hell right now . Really think about it . There is murder , greed , pain , loss , aging , disease . I understand that there are also things like love , compassion , kind ness ,empathy , etc , but we have to be taught some of these things and we actually have to put effort into practicing them . Because of my vague memories , I believe that you may be re-born as the same person over and over until you get it right . I believe that this could all be just a test . A test to see if we have learned anything and are willing to change past mistakes by fighting for what's right . Once we have proven ourselves and have made this world a better place and / or made the right decision s and only then we can move on . If not then you have to keep repeating it until you get it right ( being re-born ) .

I really do have the vague memories of being the same person I am now . I see places in this life and they some times remind me of places I have been to in previous lives . But I have no actual memories of what I did if I was in a previous life . May be that is how it works . The memories or feelings I have feel un-canny

I also have vague memories of killing my self before

But 30 odd years and a single life and no more just seems impossible

I believe that is how life may work and that you are you and nothing can destroy that

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, Angst Filled Fuck Up, LivideLamb and 3 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Not too much to add right now, my brain is in a fog. But I think you might enjoy this short. This thread really reminds me of it.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Angst Filled Fuck Up, LivideLamb and 3 others
Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
Not too much to add right now, my brain is in a fog. But I think you might enjoy this short. This thread really reminds me of it.

That video speaks exactly how I feel . I believe that is how life works

But my theory is a little different where in you are born as the same person over and over in alternate realities

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
I do not buy in to the you live only the one time and then are jn a eternal sleep forever

That really is impossible to experience

• Aww..
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and not-2-b-the-answer
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Eternal recurrence? Is this the overcoming of death in a different way each recurrence, or something more akin to Buddhist mythology?

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
Eternal recurrence? Is this the overcoming of death in a different way each recurrence, or something more akin to Buddhist mythology?

I am not sure about Buddhist mythology as I have not read much about it , but I think what ever controls life ( I do not believe in the Bibles God ) .... if some thing spiritual does indeed control life .... makes every one live a life again ( never exactly the same scenarios ) as the same person until they do the right thing , ( I believe this because of the vague memories or feelings of familiarity of previous lives as the same person I have had occasionally since a child in this life ) and then may be carry on to a better place as soon as the right things are done or at least have a better life than they did in the life they made the wrong decisions

I absolutely feel some sort of vague memories of being in other lives , but as the same person I am now . The same mother and father , e t c

The feelings or ' memories ' feel un-canny

Last edited:
Reactions: callme
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
I am not sure about Buddhist mythology as I have not read much about it , but I think what ever controls life ( I do not believe in the Bibles God ) .... if some thing spiritual does indeed control life .... makes every one live a life again ( never exactly the same scenarios ) as the same person until they do the right thing , ( I believe this because of the vague memories or feelings of familiarity of previous lives as the same person I have had occasionally since a child in this life ) and then may be carry on to a better place as soon as the right things are done or at least have a better life than they did in the life they made the wrong decisions

I absolutely feel some sort of vague memories of being in other lives , but as the same person I am now . The same mother and father , e t c

The feelings or ' memories ' feel un-canny
If it is not a God-driven desire, why is there a need ro apply morality to it? Why do we have ro get it right, and have unlimited chances instead of this one we have now? That's all that stands out at least to me.

How do you feel you've had previous lives at all? What did you do wrong in them?

Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
If it is not a God-driven desire, why is there a need ro apply morality to it? Why do we have ro get it right, and have unlimited chances instead of this one we have now? That's all that stands out at least to me.

How do you feel you've had previous lives at all? What did you do wrong in them?

The bible version of God I am certain is a false and made up myth created by man

I am thinking of there being another spiritual life force no one knows about or can know about that is the root of life

The moral side of things would be from that

I have had memories or feelings of memories , very vague ones , of doing stuff in a previous life , but as the same person

I could have done some thing morally wrong for life to curse me to go back and correct my mistakes

That is all I can remember

Or I think I remember

Last edited:
Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

Jun 30, 2019
Evidence, please.
I never claimed that it is definitely true and I never claimed to have evidence

I just said it is a theory of mine and how can I record evidence of the vague memories or feelings I get when they occur ?
a hypothesis, not a theory

I am not not claiming it to be true , I am just saying that I have had what seems like vague memories or feelings that feel like they are from a previous life and think that my theory may be true

Last edited: