sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
i've been on this website since january 2019 - i kind of feel embarrassed since i've seen posts talking about people being here for a long time means they "aren't serious" but that's not true at all. i was just waiting for the right time, when things got unbearable. which is now, haha.:ahhha:

i bought a rope from home depot and i've gotten the slipknot down. i'm not exactly sure what i'm going to tie as the base knot, maybe a snuggle hitch. but that would be hard to do on something like a door knob, which is what i think i'm going to do

i'm thinking of booking a hotel and doing the method where you tie a knot on a doorknob, then throw the rope over the door, and hang from the noose on the other side. i've read you should close the door though, but wouldn't that possibly break the rope??

i'm also nervous about the quality of the door, whether it's hollow vs solid, but i'm not sure how to tell. my house is older and i'm guessing hotels use hollow because they're cheaper, but i'm not sure.

i'm so ready and getting more confident by the day, i just need to decide what anchor point ;-; it's hard to find them in hotels. i'm not sure if my wardrobe beam is strong enough, there really aren't many options.... not sure what the point of this post is, just feels nice to let it out. finally see the end coming

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Silvermorning, Just-a-Phase and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
A few of us have been here a long time. I don't see it as any less serious, but rather not ready, can't yet, haven't gone over the edge, having reasons not to and so on... There is no shame in being here a long time. This group offers something we cant get anywhere else.

As far as hotels go nicer ones might be a bit more sturdy. I would for sure strength test hanging spots and not go on trust they will hold up. Im sorry its come to this for you.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning and sadgirl9999
Just-a-Phase

Just-a-Phase

Sep 15, 2020
No way! I just tied my first noose a few minutes ago and this was the first post I saw! I was going to jump off a bridge using a clove hitch knot myself but thinking about it now, that might not be the most reliable option.
not sure what size rope you have but I think a clove hitch would work fine for you. as for the door, most chain hotels use big heavy doors. So I wouldn't worry about the door breaking.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Silvermorning and sadgirl9999
Masonfight

Masonfight

Oct 13, 2020
I'm extremely good at knots if you ever need help "learning the ropes." Is one of my good skills that I could pass on to others.

• Love
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, sadgirl9999 and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
No way! I just tied my first noose a few minutes ago and this was the first post I saw! I was going to jump off a bridge using a clove hitch knot myself but thinking about it now, that might not be the most reliable option.
not sure what size rope you have but I think a clove hitch would work fine for you. as for the door, most chain hotels use big heavy doors. So I wouldn't worry about the door breaking.
That's one hell of a first post. Awesome to meet you welcome to the group ❤️

Reactions: Just-a-Phase
sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
I'm extremely good at knots if you ever need help "learning the ropes." Is one of my good skills that I could pass on to others.
might have to take you up on that! :hug: currently looking for the best one to do on a door handle. maybe clove hitch knot like some people have suggested
omg that's crazy hahah we're twins, but in a sad way lol. and wow that sounds like it'd be really intense!! why off a bridge? and i can't remember exactly because i cut it off one of the rolls they have at home depot, but i'm pretty sure it's either 10 or 12 mm! and that makes me feel better. i'll book with a chain hotel they prob are more equipped for this

Last edited: