FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I really do find it so absurd and insensitive when people say that as it could never be. Instead existence is something so incredibly cruel and futile, all that existence ever causes is meaningless suffering, it's a curse to have the ability to exist. There is no beauty in how existing beings have been tormented so unnecessarily all throughout history all because they were unfortunate enough to have the ability to exist in this hellish reality.

To simply just exist is something so harmful as after all there is no limit as to how much one can suffer and this is why it disgusts me when humans continue to force life here. To impose existence is extreme cruelty, it's hellish how we cannot just easily die in peace even know we never could have consented to existing in this reality where chance so senselessly determines everything.

I certainly see no beauty in human existence, such a thing is tiresome, torturous, it's very burdensome to have the ability to exist as a conscious being destined for nothing but to be tormented by old age. Existence is nothing more than an endless cycle of suffering and cruelty, and to me it only feels rational wishing to be permanently at peace from it.

• Love
Reactions: rozeske, lostinmythoughts, Rogue Proxy and 2 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I too dislike how people try to force the idea that life is beautiful on others. Maybe I am just faulty, but when I see things deemed beautiful I just think "okay, well I've seen it a guess" because ultimately it's not that special to me. Life is meaningless and unless I am proven wrong in that belief in such a way where I find new meaning, I don't think I'll be able to appreciate anything any more than I would a cool rock on the ground. A sunset won't impact my life, blind me if I stare too long maybe, but it's not worth living for or even putting effort into seeing.

If I were to say these things to people I know in reality, they'd think me a freak and change the subject. I find it interesting how others are able to experience to idea of beauty l, but they dislike when I admit that I can't.

Reactions: lostinmythoughts, kvsvenky100 and pthnrdnojvsc
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I love life, but I love it against my better judgement.

• Hugs
Reactions: bebebeep, Myforevercharlie and Abyssal
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
I too dislike how people try to force the idea that life is beautiful on others. Maybe I am just faulty, but when I see things deemed beautiful I just think "okay, well I've seen it a guess" because ultimately it's not that special to me. Life is meaningless and unless I am proven wrong in that belief in such a way where I find new meaning, I don't think I'll be able to appreciate anything any more than I would a cool rock on the ground. A sunset won't impact my life, blind me if I stare too long maybe, but it's not worth living for or even putting effort into seeing.

If I were to say these things to people I know in reality, they'd think me a freak and change the subject. I find it interesting how others are able to experience to idea of beauty l, but they dislike when I admit that I can't.
Toxic positivity as many of you say. People live for that shit and it's everywhere. The reason people in pain are still here instead of where ever else they might actually want to be. Forcing you to find the smallest things in life that will get you to keep living no matter how objectively meaningless it is. I understand it, but it's extremely ignorant and dismissive of the person's constant pain and suffering.

It's like, here, let me show you a pretty picture, a distraction that won't truly fix whatever you're dealing with. Keep looking at that picture even if you're still in deep pain, okay? Now keep doing that until you die in a cause not of your choosing.

Reactions: niki wonoto, lostinmythoughts, Life'sA6itch and 1 other person
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Toxic positivity as many of you say. People live for that shit and it's everywhere. The reason people in pain are still here instead of where ever else they might actually want to be. Forcing you to find the smallest things in life that will get you to keep living no matter how objectively meaningless it is. I understand it, but it's extremely ignorant and dismissive of the person's constant pain and suffering.

It's like, here, let me show you a pretty picture, a distraction that won't truly fix whatever you're dealing with. Keep looking at that picture even if you're still in deep pain, okay? Now keep doing that until you die in a cause not of your choosing.
Well said. Unfortunately I find myself falling back on toxic positivity sometimes. It's never so much that I believe what I say but more so the fact that I use it when distressed in some ways. When I can't help someone, I'll say whatever positive bullshit comes to mind in hope that something, anything lands. I wonder if many pro lifers are similar, wanting to say the right thing but failing to grasp our understanding of the world. I wish they'd be more willing to hear us out.

Reactions: lostinmythoughts and Kalista
perfect_stranger

perfect_stranger

Suicidal. I hate my job.
Oct 23, 2023
As an Efilist and a human being, I feel the same way.

The delusional optimism gives me the creeps. I don't know why I'm still here, endlessly going through the motions like a zombie. I'm bored and I'm sad.
I only wish I could go down the deepest and darkest corners of the earth, a place to die.

Reactions: niki wonoto, Passersby, lostinmythoughts and 1 other person
S

searchingforpeace

Student
Nov 26, 2022
I think deep down they know they're full of ****

Reactions: Sylveon, lostinmythoughts and Life'sA6itch
K

kvsvenky100

Student
Dec 7, 2023
I really do find it so absurd and insensitive when people say that as it could never be. Instead existence is something so incredibly cruel and futile, all that existence ever causes is meaningless suffering, it's a curse to have the ability to exist. There is no beauty in how existing beings have been tormented so unnecessarily all throughout history all because they were unfortunate enough to have the ability to exist in this hellish reality.

To simply just exist is something so harmful as after all there is no limit as to how much one can suffer and this is why it disgusts me when humans continue to force life here. To impose existence is extreme cruelty, it's hellish how we cannot just easily die in peace even know we never could have consented to existing in this reality where chance so senselessly determines everything.

I certainly see no beauty in human existence, such a thing is tiresome, torturous, it's very burdensome to have the ability to exist as a conscious being destined for nothing but to be tormented by old age. Existence is nothing more than an endless cycle of suffering and cruelty, and to me it only feels rational wishing to be permanently at peace from it.
Yup, life is a curse.

Reactions: lostinmythoughts and Life'sA6itch
lostinmythoughts

lostinmythoughts

Student
Nov 30, 2023
Life is like a big ugly creature and we are inside the creature trying to find way out!

Reactions: kvsvenky100
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Life Is Beautiful
Song by Lil Peep

Comes to mind.

N

nopointinlivingg

Jul 13, 2022
Maybe I am just faulty, but when I see things deemed beautiful I just think "okay, well I've seen it a guess" because ultimately it's not that special to me. Life is meaningless and unless I am proven wrong in that belief in such a way where I find new meaning, I don't think I'll be able to appreciate anything any more than I would a cool rock on the ground. A sunset won't impact my life, blind me if I stare too long maybe, but it's not worth living for or even putting effort into seeing.

Lol another unrelated thread made me think about this very thing a few minutes ago and now you've worded it so perfectly. Even as a kid I found nothing special in any of those things. I would watch movies or whatever where the characters would go someplace like the Grand Canyon and be in awe of its "beauty" and I would think.. it's a fucking rock?? Why are you so blown away by simple material physical features? There's no "beauty" there, it just IS. I believe it to be nothing more than a deep-seated coping mechanism that no one thinks about or acknowledges.

• Love
Reactions: Abyssal
F

Forever_Sleep

May 5, 2023
The amount of times I have contacted suicide hotlines, they have told me too keep living, I asked why, and they said 'you may be happy in the future'.

How is it logical to continue suffering for possible happiness in the distant future?

As far as I can see, the logical answer is always suicide, it's only our human nature and evolution that makes us crave life.

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread
N

nopointinlivingg

Jul 13, 2022
The amount of times I have contacted suicide hotlines, they have told me too keep living, I asked why, and they said 'you may be happy in the future'.

How is it logical to continue suffering for possible happiness in the distant future?

As far as I can see, the logical answer is always suicide, it's only our human nature and evolution that makes us crave life.

That's literally the gambler's fallacy, something we send people into rehabilition for. And they expect us to apply it to the entirety of our sad lives. Lmao

Reactions: Forever_Sleep
F

Forever_Sleep

May 5, 2023
That's literally the gambler's fallacy, something we send people into rehabilition for. And they expect us to apply it to the entirety of our sad lives. Lmao
Exactly, ridiculous

Reactions: nopointinlivingg