_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I just hate it, either i lie and feel bad about it or i open up. in booth cases it makes me feel more miserable than before because i get reminded about how crappy i actually feel.. the pro of lying in this case is, i don't need to figure out how to explain it so non depressed ppl have a 0-20% chance of getting it somehow.. even then, it doesn't help nonetheless, so its just pointless lmao

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, Livingvsdying25, Dr Iron Arc and 11 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Can't the remember the last time I was asked this, I'm very glad that I don't have to deal with that shit. Silence is better than normies' misunderstanding and judgement.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Life sucks and _Minsk
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Being bipolar and unstable I often don't know how to answer this question. Thank you, I'm alright, in despair, happy, and suicidal. I don't mind people asking, though. I know they do it because they care.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Callie Arcale, sadworld and 1 other person
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Same. I usually try to avoid the quesion or I just lie. I don't ever think I actually opened up to anyone because I would feel bad and I don't want them to worry about me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Callie Arcale, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
well, i usually answer "how are you" with "how are you?" , if it is in a text message, i usually ignore it, and go ahead with the conversation. Then again, I don't mind if people want to talk about how they doing, in fact it would make me happy to hear them out.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Callie Arcale, _Minsk and 1 other person
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
"I want to die, thanks for asking. Will probably have to kill myself soon. How are you?"

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, wannabesetfree, demuic and 7 others
N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
Yes, the other day my sister asked me how I was doing in between our conversation via text. I just ignored it and acted like I didn't see it. I was tired of lying, and just couldn't do it anymore... I just kept quiet.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Life sucks, Callie Arcale and _Minsk
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
...And if you give an honest answer to this question and express how you really feel, especially if it is not what others want to hear, then you run the risk of being given a shocked or suprised look from whoever posed the question. Personally: it does not feel as if it gets asked out of genuine concern - usually. It seems more like a script that we are expected to stick to - just because.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, UseItOrLoseIt, Life sucks and 2 others
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I always answer it with "Very well, how are you?" I translate the question to "Hello" in my head. I don't really interpret it as "Tell me how you are really feeling!" It's just a greeting, something people say to start off a conversation. It's a convention, not an expression of genuine interest in the other person.

I never show people how I truly feel anyway, I don't see what good it would do. It's not like I am going to tell them I walk around with a hole in my heart and constant, crippling anxiety.

Anyway, enough about me.

@_Minsk how are you?!?! :pfff:

(bad joke, I know...sorry)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Sprite_Geist, Life sucks and 1 other person
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
_Minsk said:

I hate when people ask me how i am/how i feel..

Do you ask them how they are/feel?
I ask because if you show interest in them, then they will show interest in you. If you don't show interest in them, they are less likely to show interest in you. Classic mirroring.

To my thinking if someone wants to say something about themselves then they'll say it and shouldn't need prompting. I very rarely ask how other people are.

In any case, there's a boatload of non-verbal communication going on that negates the need for a lot of verbal comms.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Life sucks, UseItOrLoseIt and 1 other person
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Thats how humans communicates, mostly filler.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, demuic, _Minsk and 1 other person
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Like @Callie Arcale said, it's just a fancy way of saying hello. I don't mind it.
For me, a much more annoying question is "What's new?" There's no simple way of dodging that bullet. There is never anything new!

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale and _Minsk
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I always just say I'm okay/alright/fine even when I'm not and if people don't want to press further then that's good enough for me.

• Love
Reactions: Source Energy, GrumpyFrog, Callie Arcale and 1 other person