Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Summer sucks so much. The weather is unbearably hot—which makes it that much harder to go out and do things—and you have to deal with being swarmed by bugs all the time.

Not only that everyone around you expects you to be out having fun, to "enjoy the weather", to have plans and such.

I always hear about seasonal depression during the winter but personally I think summer is much worse.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Immensevoid, snowcloud9, sorrowful and 20 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Honestly I was dreading the summer as I had severe health problems and was not looking forward to being stuck indoors all day hot and stuffy, struggling to sleep at night. Fortunatly I made a bit of a recovery so everything is pretty good at the moment but still feeling a bit guilty and thinking about all those suffering in the hot weather.

Reactions: rationaltake, Speedygonzalez, lachrymost and 1 other person
CrestfallenMima

CrestfallenMima

Staring into the abyss
Dec 28, 2021
Not to mention that there's swarms of people outside, a terrible season for the socially anxious like myself

Reactions: rationaltake, d3c96524be95, Speedygonzalez and 5 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Summer sucks so much. The weather is unbearably hot—which makes it that much harder to go out and do things—and you have to deal with being swarmed by bugs all the time.

Not only that everyone around you expects you to be out having fun, to "enjoy the weather", to have plans and such.

I always hear about seasonal depression during the winter but personally I think summer is much worse.
Same here. FL blows in all seasons but especially during the summer. I have lived through true winter in a northern state, and I really think not having the unbearable heat of our godawful FL summers was worth the gray skies, chilling wind, and shoveling snow. I hate our weather and all the retirees from the north driving up property values through the roof. My goal is to someday escape for all these reasons and more, but my family lives down here.

Reactions: rationaltake, LittleJem, Anonymoususer1234 and 1 other person
Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Not to mention that there's swarms of people outside, a terrible season for the socially anxious like myself
Absolutely. Much harder to avoid people in hot weather.

Reactions: rationaltake and CrestfallenMima
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
Same. It's very noisy where I live, not to mention the mosquitos... I've always preferred winter.

Reactions: rationaltake, d3c96524be95, Sannti and 1 other person
MsRaindrop

MsRaindrop

Jul 11, 2023
Couldn't agree more. I get plenty of holidays, but I'm not rich enough to pay for accommodation in a colder area for two months. I've tried relocating to colder areas, to no avail so far. I fall into a recurring depression every summer, and it's when my CBT thoughts peak.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake
ChronicPain23

ChronicPain23

Jun 22, 2023
Summer is a nightmare, happy people around, hard to leave the house.

Reactions: rationaltake
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
I find winter worse. It's cold and wet, dark early, plants and trees are dormant.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and H.O.Xan
manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
I feel the same. I live in Phoenix and there are 4-5 months where I don't ever leave my house because its so hot and bright out.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I feel the same. I live in Phoenix and there are 4-5 months where I don't ever leave my house because its so hot and bright out.
I was reading about there.. 19 days in a row above 110F :ohhhh: I don't know how you guys can even breathe in that.. how do you get groceries and stuff?

its so different here in Ireland where it's only the 60s in summer..

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake and manta
manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
I was reading about there.. 19 days in a row above 110F :ohhhh: I don't know how you guys can even breathe in that.. how do you get groceries and stuff?

its so different here in Ireland where it's only the 60s in summer..
Man I would kill to have 60s in the summer lol. Its dry here so its a little easier to tolerate the heat… but for errands and stuff you kinda just have to suffer through them lmao

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and mediocre
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
Summer is literally a way for me to sweat out my anxiety. Winter? Back cramps, can't exercise, frequent rain, lie in bed more often just to get warm so i can do necessary tasks. Winter is the worst season for me

Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023

I can relate. So many people associate summer with fun and enjoyment, it's not always the case for everyone. It reminds me of a summer a few years back when I was going through something similar.

During the summer, the heat felt oppressive, and I found myself constantly swatting away bux whenever I ventured outside. It seemed like everywhere I turned, people were planning beach trips, outdoor barbecues, and all sorts of activities.

FeyB

FeyB

C.E.O. of Nihilism
Aug 5, 2023
Summer feels the worse to me in a seasonal affective way. Not only for the climate which I hat but for how people behave. Most of my friends become obbsessed with sex and looksmaxxing

Reactions: sserafim
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023

Same I hate summer...I sweat alot and the heat doesn't help and I can't stand all the bug bites I get

snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023

I'll trade your summer with my winter... the summers here are good but the winters are unbearably cold. I freeze in any temperature under 78F, and it will go to 10F.

Also, you sound like you're in Florida. I'm sorry if you are. Florida is terrible.