SuicideAwaits

SuicideAwaits

Nov 8, 2020
All of the solutions I've heard for suicidal thoughts have been to just distract myself. Either with exercise, games, music, etc . While these may or may not help, they're temporary solutions and not a cure for the permanent problem(s) like suicide is. I'm tired of forcing myself to turn a blind eye to the horrors of the world/my trauma. If life is so great why do I have to constantly distract myself to forget I'm experiencing it?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: stillweary, nolifer, Isisnefert and 25 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
There's no other way, apart from that and meds.
Therapy might also help! (it sucked for me)

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, SuicideAwaits, Ani198 and 1 other person
raison_d'etre

raison_d'etre

a memory
Mar 30, 2021
theres no magic solution, no real easy way to keep those destructive thoughts at bay. temporary solutions are almost the only way to go, take things day at a time, god i wish there was a permanent way to fix it, if there was id be the first to tell you

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, Fthis, bloomingdark and 1 other person
bloomingdark

bloomingdark

Alex
Jan 24, 2019
we're mostly going day by day, finding something to get our head away from crippling and intense thoughts of dead, personally I really feel you, not being motivated and knowing that your illness is going to stay there is hell.

I mostly live weeks, not even realizing what I'm doing , craving feeling happiness but relieved at the fact that at least i don't have time to feel so bad

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, stygal, SuicideAwaits and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Distractions are the only thing keeping me around too. Sometimes I wish I could just travel to the future and see all the things I'm sure I'd miss out on before I want to CTB. Hopefully there won't be anything exciting coming out after I die next year anyway.

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, demuic, SuicideAwaits and 1 other person
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
This is so true

Reactions: SuicideAwaits
Fthis

Fthis

Student
Dec 8, 2020
All of the solutions I've heard for suicidal thoughts have been to just distract myself. Either with exercise, games, music, etc . While these may or may not help, they're temporary solutions and not a cure for the permanent problem(s) like suicide is. I'm tired of forcing myself to turn a blind eye to the horrors of the world/my trauma. If life is so great why do I have to constantly distract myself to forget I'm experiencing it?
I have been thinking about this for a while. If life is so wonderful why do I have to contently distract myself from it? Pretend I'm not living and go into lala land. If it's so worthwhile to be alive why do I have to constantly reassure myself it is? I know gravity exists, it is a fact. A fact shouldn't be something I have to convince myself of

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, demuic and SuicideAwaits
SuicideAwaits

SuicideAwaits

Nov 8, 2020
There's no other way, apart from that and meds.
Therapy might also help! (it sucked for me)
I've tried both meds and therapy and they've helped for a little while but eventually wore off. I'm sorry to hear that therapy didn't work out for you, it's tough when you try to get help and the help isn't helpful.
Distractions are the only thing keeping me around too. Sometimes I wish I could just travel to the future and see all the things I'm sure I'd miss out on before I want to CTB. Hopefully there won't be anything exciting coming out after I die next year anyway.
I wish I could see the future too. I'd like to know if all of this fighting to stay alive is worth it all, I question it everyday.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and WornOutLife
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
[All of the solutions I've heard for suicidal thoughts have been to just distract myself. Either with exercise, games, music, etc . While these may or may not help, they're temporary solutions and not a cure for the permanent problem(s) like suicide is. I'm tired of forcing myself to turn a blind eye to the horrors of the world/my trauma. If life is so great why do I have to constantly distract myself to forget I'm experiencing it?]

Not to mention actively trying to think of ways to distract yourself 24/7 is mentally exhausting and I'm much too "far gone" to even begin to immerse myself in the media that used to occupy my mind. In fact, doing so just makes me even more suicidal since the activities that used to evoke joy in me are no longer capable of eliciting that same response.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, killedbypsychiatry, BandAddict and 1 other person
R

Roadkill

Experienced
Dec 25, 2018
There is only one magic solution... it's called death

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That is all this existence is, just doing pointless tasks until we finally pass the time and we just die. There is no meaning to anything. As others have said, the only solution is to die. Only then will we reach the fate we are intended for.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG