wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I absolutely do not want to live, but I just /can't/ get over this fear of hell.
I keep having thoughts like "what if the devil is tricking you into ctb and you're going to hell".

I think I probably /don't/ believe in God, but my mind is like "what if you're wrong and you end up being tortured for eternity. Some (educated) people believe this will happen - what if they're right?"

I'm getting so, so distressed, I'm so desperate to ctb I really am, but I don't know how to get past this, can anyone help :'(

• Hugs
Reactions: Salmon can't swim, Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
Some (educated) people believe this will happen
Which educated people? There's no evidence for or against it that can actually be proven. We might go to Hell. We might also not. It's more likely that we won't, given what we know about the body, but there's always a non-zero chance. And there always will be.

It's a bit like saying Albert Einstein thought you'd go to Hell if you CTB too. Sure, he's Albert Einstein, but he's a physicist. He can't prove that and it's just one of his beliefs. The same thing applies to those 'educated' people who spout that nonsense too.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The only hell to me is this hellish world we already exist in. In my case I very strongly believe death to just be nothingness, consciousness is stored in the brain and once we lose consciousness that is it for us we are gone. Any of those other theories are just fictional stories to me.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
the only hell you have to fear is being reborn into the universe hopefully we are just nothing forever

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ApathyToLife, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
The vast majority of educated people do not believe in hell. There are outliers, as with most things, but that will always be the case.

Part of the reason is because of the problem of evil that exists in any of the Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism).

Any major religion or spirituality has to contend with the fact that evil does exist and an all knowing, all powerful, all good god would not allow it. The whole idea of evil creating "free will" is bogus because an all powerful god could force the conditions of free will to be compatible with the absence of evil.

Likewise, if we assume the Abrahamic logic that "god works in mysterious ways" we are being asked to give up our logics to faith, in which case said god created us too stupid to reasonably conceive of – and thus believe in – his/her so called goodness; goodness as a construct is something completely alien to us and thus is not truly good in the way we understand it.

There's virtually no bypassing this issue unless we conceive god as not all so good, unknowing of our suffering, or not powerful enough to change it.

I'm much more open to the notion of deities that perhaps are a bit like us; far from perfect, and with their own goals in mind. E.g., simulation theory. If there is a god who is looking out for us they are more likely to be akin to a parent who is themselves fallible and subject to misdirection.

Hell almost certainly doesn't exist beyond the hells that we are already enduring. Abrahamic logics are nonsense and serve sociological utility to maintain the Protestant work ethic and implicitly coerce people to give up their freedoms for extractivistic functions.

Don't give in to the manipulative punitive coercive surveillance ideologies!

Don't fear the reaper.

• Love
Reactions: AntHills, Praestat_Mori, warm dreams and 1 other person
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

🪦 July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
If it helps at all, I'll be on my way out in the next coming week. So if there is a hell you won't be alone.

Personally I don't think hell is a risk worth your time, because it didn't even exist as a concept until like 400 years ago. The church tried positive reinforcement (heaven) to gather new people into their cult and then added positive punishment (Hell) for some reason. They also don't have a description of hell that wasn't taken from a non religious text (Dante's Divine Comedy). So I'd say you're in the clear.

If you need a more... positive? spin on the whole afterlife thing, read The Egg by Andy Weir. I find that to be a far more plausible afterlife than hell, but I also don't think that's what happens in death so, you know, grain of salt.

I hope you find the courage to end your suffering or the strength to continue. I'm so sorry for your pain. I hope you find peace.

L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
This society doesn't punish vets or doctors for putting animals / people down, so why would God do so?

IN Islam, suicide is considered a sin, because Allah gives life so in theory he is the only one to take that a way. If that were true, that means an ALOT of doctors will be going to hell for "interfering with Allahs Plan" by saving people's lives. Heck even a Beachy Head Chaplian who save a life is going to hell according to that logic.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
It never states in the bible that suicide is a sin.
There is not one single statement anywhere in the bible that says suicide is a sin.
Suicide as a sin wasn't introduced into Christianity until 6AD LONG AFTER THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN.
So therefore suicide as a sin is a man-made concept.
Religion is evil and is obviously messing with your decision to end your suffering as it does for so many other suffering people who seek peace.
I'm sorry that you are going through this.
If God exists and is truly good and merciful then why does he want people to suffer in hell for ending their suffering ?
Fuck god and fuck Jesus and fuck religion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and warm dreams
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
The real Hell is here and now, at least as far as I'm concerned--This is a living hell with no respite, a real hell, not an imaginary one in your mind that comes after death

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ApathyToLife and pthnrdnojvsc
permanently tired

permanently tired

I know you're laughing
Nov 8, 2023
I absolutely do not want to live, but I just /can't/ get over this fear of hell.
I keep having thoughts like "what if the devil is tricking you into ctb and you're going to hell".

I think I probably /don't/ believe in God, but my mind is like "what if you're wrong and you end up being tortured for eternity. Some (educated) people believe this will happen - what if they're right?"

I'm getting so, so distressed, I'm so desperate to ctb I really am, but I don't know how to get past this, can anyone help :'(
If you fear the existence of hell, then think abt heaven. If God is truly merciful they would know we've suffered enough and not subject us to more torment.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and warm dreams