Kta1994

Kta1994

Experienced
Apr 25, 2019
Dont get me wrong I love my mom and she loves too but my chronic illness keeps getting worse i can barely walk now. I need to do it next month, is it true that alcohol makes you have less empathy? I need something like that

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Unknown21, Forever Sleep, Zhendou and 3 others
F

fatladysings

Aug 23, 2024
I'm very sorry about your situation. I'm trying to stay alive for my mum as well and am hoping not to ctb until my mum dies but she's 89 and not showing any signs of catching her own bus.

I wouldn't say that alcohol makes you have less empathy. I don't drink now but I used to drink an awful lot and all it did was make me a lot more social, so if it had an effect on me it was probably along the lines of having *more* empathy, not less.

Do you have any siblings who can look after your mum for you if you aren't around any more?

Reactions: Zhendou and Kta1994
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That must be a painful situation to be in, it truly is such a cruel existence where there's all this suffering. But anyway I wish you the best.

Reactions: Kta1994
Kta1994

Kta1994

Experienced
Apr 25, 2019
I'm very sorry about your situation. I'm trying to stay alive for my mum as well and am hoping not to ctb until my mum dies but she's 89 and not showing any signs of catching her own bus.

I wouldn't say that alcohol makes you have less empathy. I don't drink now but I used to drink an awful lot and all it did was make me a lot more social, so if it had an effect on me it was probably along the lines of having *more* empathy, not less.

Do you have any siblings who can look after your mum for you if you aren't around any more?
I have a sister but she doesnt live with us, she lives with her husband 2hrs away. I dont know what would happen.

I

Imcantbreathe

Aug 19, 2024
I use to think about how everyone will feel an considered everyone's perspective but not gonna lie... It's selfish too you to hold yourself back from doing whatever brings you peace. So always put yourself first

Jeav

Jeav

Aug 1, 2024
Do you suffer everyday? :I then she will probably understand if you talk about your mental state and how to figure out

Last edited:
Reactions: Kta1994
F

fatladysings

Aug 23, 2024
I agree with both the posts above - if you are in a lot of pain nobody would blame you for putting yourself first. And if you talk to your mum extensively about your problems, and don't hold back, maybe it would help her understand your need to ctb. Maybe think about writing a long letter spelling out in black and white how terrible your life is, and I'm saying about writing a letter as opposed to just talking because if you write it all down your mum can refer back to it and it would help her understand. Im sorry to hear that your sister lives far away, it means you won't have the peace of mind of knowing she could take care of your mum if you weren't around any more.

kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
I am in a similar situation and understand what you're going through. May you find the peace you seek.

A

agony1996

Student
Jul 8, 2024
Dont get me wrong I love my mom and she loves too but my chronic illness keeps getting worse i can barely walk now. I need to do it next month, is it true that alcohol makes you have less empathy? I need something like that
I'm sorry for your pain. Honestly for me alcohol makes me super emotional, I end up bawling if I drink it and I'm not in a good place that's why I would never go near it now but I guess for everyone it's different. Have you ever drank alcohol?

Kta1994

Kta1994

Experienced
Apr 25, 2019
Do you suffer everyday? :I then she will probably understand if you talk about your mental state and how to figure out
Yes im in pain 8/10 24/7
I'm sorry for your pain. Honestly for me alcohol makes me super emotional, I end up bawling if I drink it and I'm not in a good place that's why I would never go near it now but I guess for everyone it's different. Have you ever drank alcohol?
I have a few times yes but not in a long time its not the answer tho

VeryShy

VeryShy

Disabled due to severe autism, and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
My close family would be devastated by my death, but I'm at a point where I no longer care what will happen when I die. I'm putting my own life in the first place.
So I'm going relatively peacefully with SN, and I just can't be responsible how anyone would react.