S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
I can't even cry!!! That'sjust terrible. I hate this feeling.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia, Deleted member 17331, stygal and 5 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
You could talk to your doctor about trying different meds or just stop taking them at all (slowly)

Reactions: Lupgevif and Ghost2211
S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
You could talk to your doctor about trying different meds or just stop taking them at all (slowly)
I already talk to him about it but he said it was important to me take the meds, and I'm on a bunch of meds. Pristiq, venlafaxine, mirtazapine, lithium and risperidone.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Ghost2211
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Meds are poison, change my mind.
Emptiness inside, feeling fake, no emotions, no sex drive, hands shaking, getting fat, still doesnt fix my depression but yesss, it works, how can I not seeee

• Hugs
Reactions: rt1989526 and Ghost2211
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm so sorry for you. Hope you get meds which really help you soon.
In my case, I hate my meds because they just don't work. I'm only sleeping better but my suicidal thoughts are more active than ever.

Reactions: Regen and Ghost2211
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Meds are poison, change my mind.
Emptiness inside, feeling fake, no emotions, no sex drive, hands shaking, getting fat, still doesnt fix my depression but yesss, it works, how can I not seeee
They helped me more than any psychologist ever could. Personal experience, of course.

• Hugs
Reactions: Regen and Ghost2211
S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
I'm so sorry for you. Hope you get meds which really help you soon.
In my case, I hate my meds because they just don't work. I'm only sleeping better but my suicidal thoughts are more active than ever.
Me too. All I can think it get out of this shit hole.
They helped me more than any psychologist ever could. Personal experience, of course.
You are just blind. As soon as you stop taking them, you will feel like shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and WornOutLife
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Same.

They protect me from my mind and impulses so I can try to work on the actual problems.

• Hugs
Reactions: Regen, Ghost2211 and Lupgevif
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
You are just blind. As soon as you stop taking them, you will feel like shit.
I have had periods of abstinence. I did feel like shit. I still prefer meds over psychologists. At least they help me when I'm under their effect, psychologists just never help.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, Deleted member 17331, k75 and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
If your doctor isn't willing to discuss the discomfort your medication's are causing, and keep an open mind about changing or stopping according to how it's affecting you it might be time to find a new doctor.

• Love
Reactions: Regen, ecmnesia, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
I can't even cry!!! That'sjust terrible. I hate this feeling.
Unfortunately emotional blunting/numbing is what anti-depressants are supposed to do

Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and Lupgevif
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Having said the rather off-topic things I said, for how long have you been taking these medications? I don't think it hurts to get second opinions from other professionals, if you can afford it. Do you want to totally leave them, or just change to see if you feel better?

Reactions: Regen and stygal
S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
Having said the rather off-topic things I said, for how long have you been taking these medications? I don't think it hurts to get second opinions from other professionals, if you can afford it. Do you want to totally leave them, or just change to see if you feel better?
A year. I wanna cut it all off so I can feel miserable again and finally kill myself.
I hate myself!!!!!!!!!!

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Can I suggest watching a horror film? With emotional blunting, you might not be scared while watching it because your emotions are numb. And watching a violent film might relieve you in some way instead of taking it out on yourself physically. Does watching a horror film appeal to you?

S

Steamm

Arcanist
Feb 28, 2020
Can I suggest watching a horror film? With emotional blunting, you might not be scared while watching it because your emotions are numb. And watching a violent film might relieve you in some way instead of taking it out on yourself physically. Does watching a horror film appeal to you?
I feel nothing while watching a horror movie.

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Would watching violence (a passive activity) relieve you of wanting to actively harm yourself?

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
*myself
There are some apps you can download to your phone to try to thwart self harming. Have you downloaded any?

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
A year. I wanna cut it all off so I can feel miserable again and finally kill myself.
I hate myself!!!!!!!!!!
If you're on it for a year and still wanna die, yeah, your doctor is forcing something that's clearly not working onto you.

Reactions: Regen
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
If you're on it for a year and still wanna die, yeah, your doctor is forcing something that's clearly not working onto you.
Should antidepressants actually make you not want to die? Idk I've always thought that they help people get the energy and motivation to do stuff like therapy.

I've been suicidal on every single medication I've tried. I get more energy to look after myself but the wanting to die thing kinda stops me from trying to 'get better' lol

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Zoloft causes suicidal ideation in the first couple of months of taking it but its common sense to READ THE LABEL to know what side effects to expect. It's also your responsibility to tell your doctor if they're not working.
Emotional blunting is the main effect of taking anti depressants which starts after the side effects have settled but that can't make sense to feel emotionally blunt and want to harm yourself. Go to the doctor.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Should antidepressants actually make you not want to die? Idk I've always thought that they help people get the energy and motivation to do stuff like therapy.

I've been suicidal on every single medication I've tried. I get more energy to look after myself but the wanting to die thing kinda stops me from trying to 'get better' lol
Lithium is the only one proven to treat suicidal ideation. I experienced first hand that this was true, but I wasn't able to continue a high enough dose to maintain it. But before that, I went from suicide being constantly on my mind and having very active plans to not even thinking about it ever. It was very subtle and natural seeming, and it actually took a little while for me to realize I hadn't felt suicidal at all in days. It was really nice.

Other antidepressants may or may not have that effect on different people, but it's probably mostly that they feel better in general and no longer want to die so bad.

Reactions: Regen and Lupgevif
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020

Well, I can't say for sure. All I know is I never got any energy or motivation from medicine. They just subsided other symptoms of my mental illness, which improved my quality of life to some extent. I did not feel like taking care of myself, I just had to stand less symptoms.
Lithium is the only one proven to treat suicidal ideation. I experienced first hand that this was true, but I wasn't able to continue a high enough dose to maintain it. But before that, I went from suicide being constantly on my mind and having very active plans to not even thinking about it ever. It was very subtle and natural seeming, and it actually took a little while for me to realize I hadn't felt suicidal at all in days. It was really nice.

Other antidepressants may or may not have that effect on different people, but it's probably mostly that they feel better in general and no longer want to die so bad.
I also took lithium for more than two years. It worked for some periods, while others it was like I had never taken it.