Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
When I was younger, up until around age 12-14, or so, my hair was blond. As I aged through teens it began to darken to the point it is now, which is a light brown. Now I have to be associated with commoners, but at least I still have my grey eyes which separates me from a large portion of the population. I could always dye/bleach my hair but it's blatantly obvious when someone does that. I've heard this is common in Anglos, hair darkening with age. Though I'm unsure if that true or not.
Did anyone else experience their hair darkening with age? Has anyone else dyed their hair blond/blonde? Does it look natural?

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Why would you want to be blond when studies have shown that dark features are more attractive?

Reactions: Fml, The anhedonic one and Skathon
TydalWave

TydalWave

Brutally Self-Aware
Sep 20, 2022
I died my hair blonde, but I was not trying to look natural.

That being said, it did a lot for my self-confidence. I highly recommend making changes to yourself that make you feel better in yourself. You don't need any other reason.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart and Rocinante
deathistheaesthetic

deathistheaesthetic

call me lalo
Dec 1, 2020
Hair getting darker is not even an anglo thing, happens with Southern Europeans as well. Accept being a "commoner" with grace.

Reactions: The anhedonic one and Rocinante
purity

purity

May 28, 2023
Now I have to be associated with commoners, but at least I still have my grey eyes which separates me from a large portion of the population.
is this ironic? you sound really pretentious.

anyways, i have not personally dyed my hair but a few people i know have bleached theirs to become blonde. you can sorta tell it's bleached because the roots abruptly change to a different color + hair damage. i saw a before and after photo of one person and they looked much better blonde. for them, it was most definitely worth it even though it looked slightly unnatural.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, blacktulip44 and The anhedonic one
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
My hair changed about the same, but honestly just getting a decent haircut can help with this. I understand that's it cool to stand out in some ways, everyone wants to be uniquely interesting to others in some ways- cool styles of dress and ways that you talk to and connect with others can be ways to stand out.

Reactions: Rocinante
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
My hair turned brown too,, then it started receding. I've been shaving my head for years and don't miss having hair at all.

Reactions: Rocinante and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I'm a baldy bastard so I don't have a hair colour problem.

Reactions: Sweet Tart and Rocinante
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes- I had blonde hair as a child but now, it's brown. My Dad also had blonde hair but his is almost black now! I find that so bizarre. I kind of thought mine would turn as dark as his but it's kind of just stopped on brown. I did have highlights once but I don't really care about my appearance now... I barely leave the house!

Reactions: The anhedonic one, Rocinante and psp3000
blacktulip44

blacktulip44

lost and broken
Jun 5, 2023
it can look very natural when you first dye/bleach it, but the roots will always be a problem. its very high maintenance to be a blonde depending on your natural hair colour as well because it can become too yellow or even orange so you have to use purple or blue conditioner (dont use the shampoo, it dries your hair and if you bleach it will be already very dry).

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Being bald is the best.

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
my hair usually gets dark during fall - winter and lightens slightly in spring - summer (it's barely noticable) and I think now that I'm starting to get older and stay indoors all the time it's getting darker

hair and its significance within different cultures and society is so interesting

blonde hair is interesting to me because most of the people I've met aren't naturally blonde and when they are it feels weirdly unsettling to me or uncanny for some reason I think because usually blonde hair (from different films I've seen) is portrayed as: pure, cultish, ditzy, oblivious, otherworldly (kind of like platnium blonde hair and people with platnium blonde eyebrows and how from far away or close up depending on skin tone it looks like the person has no eyebrows kind of like an alien or renaissance painting)

I don't know but its really interesting

but now that I think about it I've never interacted with a film that shows blonde hair in the context of being whatver the opposite of a commoner is or maybe I have but usally it has to do with some kind of fantasy or facade or illusion of some kind

I don't know

• Wow
murmur

murmur

cage
Dec 11, 2022
I was dirty blond as a kid but i was playing with the sun out all the time back then, i think when I stopped going outside as much, i only increasingly become avoidant of the daytime, over the years it got dark. I've tried out different types of blond, never came out bad and id dye it at home, i think its a less troublsome process with shorter hair

• Wow
Reactions: The anhedonic one and Rocinante