LossOfWill

LossOfWill

Lowpoly Heaven
Dec 24, 2020
absolutely just hate it all. I think i have ocd and the obsessions drive me to tears. I don't want to tell anyone because they're really weird and embarrassing and id legit rather die than have to go through this any longer. Ocd isn't curable and my life situation is so bleak. I want SN so badly. I want it before I have to see my therapist again but its impossible. Agh

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ioipopo90, Deleted member 22624, Leiden and 12 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
i also have terrible ocd, and i really hate life :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SmellyRat, Miss_Takes, EmptyManForever and 2 others
D

DrWh033

Student
Dec 23, 2020
Why do you claim that OCD is not curable

Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and LossOfWill
ioipopo90

ioipopo90

Dec 24, 2020
i have intrusive false memory ocd and it's eating me up, i hate it so much and it's driving me crazy it's always "what if you did that" and i just can't

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Miss_Takes and LossOfWill
D

DrWh033

Student
Dec 23, 2020
Have you received treatment that failed or you did not seek one at all?

Reactions: LossOfWill
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
absolutely just hate it all. I think i have ocd and the obsessions drive me to tears. I don't want to tell anyone because they're really weird and embarrassing and id legit rather die than have to go through this any longer. Ocd isn't curable and my life situation is so bleak. I want SN so badly. I want it before I have to see my therapist again but its impossible. Agh
I had OCD my doctor said we get alot like you those who engage in a lot of hand washing. In the end I was basically living in the bathroom till one day I chose to forcefully ignore the urges. The anxiety was bad but I continually kept at it. When I didn't cave in the anxiety lessened and then completely disappeared. Now I only wash hands normally like after I've been to the loo or before eating food.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and LossOfWill
LossOfWill

LossOfWill

Lowpoly Heaven
Dec 24, 2020
Why do you claim that OCD is not curable
Its a chronic condition from what I know. It stays with you for years or even for life. You can take things that lessen the symptoms but it'll still be there
I'm going to ask my therapist to up my sertraline dosage to see if it'll work. But I'm not very hopeful

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 22624
ioipopo90

ioipopo90

Dec 24, 2020
i try to search it up online for it, but nothing is helping they're just letting me know it's not real and stuff like that

C

ceelestial

Dec 4, 2020
Its a chronic condition from what I know. It stays with you for years or even for life. You can take things that lessen the symptoms but it'll still be there

I'm going to ask my therapist to up my sertraline dosage to see if it'll work. But I'm not very hopeful
neuroplacisity proves this false, anything mind related is always a mountain to climb but to claim an OCD mind can't be improved or trained is defeatist and not true.

Reactions: Deleted member 94 and Deleted member 22624
D

DrWh033

Student
Dec 23, 2020
neuroplacisity proves this false, anything mind related is always a mountain to climb but to claim an OCD mind can't be improved or trained is defeatist and not true.
That is true. Science has not reached a point to treat 100% of these disorders but there is evidence that neurons can form new connections and mental disorders be improved a lot. It is not like losing your limbs or destroying your spine that cannot really heal

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Deleted member 94 and Deleted member 22624
C

ceelestial

Dec 4, 2020
That is true. Science has not reached a point to treat 100% of these disorders but there is evidence that neurons can form new connections and mental disorders be improved a lot. It is not like losing your limbs or destroying your spine that cannot really heal
Yeah i mean buddhists have been doing this for thousands of years but the arrogant west is only just starting to catch up and as usual acts like its ahead, the real issue is westerners are conditioned to want immediate fixes and pills to fix them when in reality it takes a lot of work and time for legitimate recovery.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 94 and Deleted member 22624
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Obsessive-compulsive thoughts are a nightmare. Especially when you have paranoia. These things don't make sense and it isn't so easy to just change the way you think. There isn't a whole lot you can do about it other than try to manage the symptoms. Love and support from someone who knows what it's like.
You can't act like neurons just magically rearrange themselves. There are ways to do this but it takes tons of effort and time for only a chance at improvement. There's also a chance that I get worse even while going through treatment. There's also the fact that people have perfectly okay lives but still end up killing themselves. Even if this one aspect of someone's life can be improved doesn't make their life worth living. There are tons of other factors.

Last edited: