UglyCat

UglyCat

lljw
Jan 15, 2024
i have suffered and continue to suffer so much because of my appearance.

people say that what matters is inner beauty, but that's not true; physical beauty matters a lot :(

• Love
Reactions: cosmic-realism, EvisceratedJester, Kiiiishore and 1 other person
James Sunderland

James Sunderland

"In my restless dreams, I see that town…"
Oct 6, 2024
I hear you, and it hurts deeply when it seems like others only see the surface and make judgments based on it. It is just not right how big of a deal the world makes out of appearances. But I have grown to believe that real connections take place when someone really sees past all that and gets a chance to know you. I cannot change how other people might see it, but all I wanted to say is that your feelings count. Inside and out, you are worthy of being appreciated for who you are.
Much love sent to you. :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: UglyCat
UglyCat

UglyCat

lljw
Jan 15, 2024
I hear you, and it hurts deeply when it seems like others only see the surface and make judgments based on it. It is just not right how big of a deal the world makes out of appearances. But I have grown to believe that real connections take place when someone really sees past all that and gets a chance to know you. I cannot change how other people might see it, but all I wanted to say is that your feelings count. Inside and out, you are worthy of being appreciated for who you are.
Much love sent to you. :heart:
thank you very much for the words!❤️‍🩹

James Sunderland

James Sunderland

"In my restless dreams, I see that town…"
Oct 6, 2024
thank you very much for the words!❤️‍🩹
You're very welcome! Just remember, there's so much more to you than what others can see. And hey, whenever you feel down, make sure I'm online, haha. I'm here if you need to talk or just a little boost.

• Hugs
C

cosmic-realism

Sep 7, 2024
I am sorry that you feel this way.This flesh will rot sooner than later.Beauty is only lusted after.
Beautiful-looking people are reduced to their appearance more often than not.

• Hugs
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
people say that what matters is inner beauty, but that's not true; physical beauty matters a lot :(
Agreed. People love to say that inner beauty is what matters, but they always fail to demonstrate that. You can do some of the worst things out there and get away with it just because you are pretty. Hell, you have those talentless tiktokers who literally built an entire career off of looking good, meanwhile, those who aren't conventionally attractive are shamed and looked down upon. Whenever people want to talk about lookism it seems like the response is always to try and downplay it, even though we know that being attractive can grant one many privileges and opportunities in life. This is especially the case for women, who literally need to look good if they even want to get any opportunities since your entire being is judged by how good you look. Hell, we tend to view attractive people as not just looking good but also having better character and as being smarter too. Inner beauty doesn't mean shit if people are only willing to recognize it in those who also possess outer beauty.

• Love
UglyCat

UglyCat

lljw
Jan 15, 2024
Agreed. People love to say that inner beauty is what matters, but they always fail to demonstrate that. You can do some of the worst things out there and get away with it just because you are pretty. Hell, you have those talentless tiktokers who literally built an entire career off of looking good, meanwhile, those who aren't conventionally attractive are shamed and looked down upon. Whenever people want to talk about lookism it seems like the response is always to try and downplay it, even though we know that being attractive can grant one many privileges and opportunities in life. This is especially the case for women, who literally need to look good if they even want to get any opportunities since your entire being is judged by how good you look. Hell, we tend to view attractive people as not just looking good but also having better character and as being smarter too. Inner beauty doesn't mean shit if people are only willing to recognize it in those who also possess outer beauty.
inner beauty matters, but appearance does too, and it's not insignificant. i've seen a lot of things.

someone whose appearance fits well within societal standards can have a happier life. everything is more difficult for those of us who are judged as having an "ugly" appearance.

• Hugs
Reactions: EvisceratedJester