C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
I just wanted to make a post about how much I hate living in the UK and it depresses me. Before I go on, I know there are definitely worse places to live. And maybe I'd hate living anywhere. But these are the reasons I don't like it here.

1) The political state of the country. Buffoons keep voting for hard right wing politicians who have no interest in doing anything other than lining the pockets of the mega wealthy. They will cut healthcare and social services, plunge the economy into a recesion or inflation, do whatever it takes to line their rich donors pockets. The political ignorance of the population is disgraceful.

2) The social dyanmic. People in this country are extremely cold, stand offish and uncaring compared to other countries I have been to. There is no society anymore. Everyone does their own thing and no one is interested in their neighbors. In other places, people are so much mire welcoming or enthusiastic when you go to a bar or park and people actually like smiling or conversing with each other.

3) The weather. It's cold and grey almost all year round. I could cope with that if it wasnt for the constant cold rain. I gwt sicker in this weather.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: akana, not-2-b-the-answer, chronicallybroken and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
shoebox size houses,crappy schools, shithole cities, too much immigration, crappy weather
crappy health care or it just modern medicine that's shit, can't grow weed, can't own a gun,
crappy prison system, and the queen of england is crap, i think i'd sooner be born in america in silicon valley.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
2) The social dyanmic. People in this country are extremely cold, stand offish and uncaring compared to other countries I have been to. There is no society anymore. Everyone does their own thing and no one is interested in their neighbors. In other places, people are so much mire welcoming or enthusiastic when you go to a bar or park and people actually like smiling or conversing with each other.
I partly agree with this. I think that those who are cold and uncaring in the United Kingdom are one extreme category. The other extreme are those who are obnoxious and "mouthy" toward you; the people in this category do tend to care about their neighbours, but only if they fit in. This is why I disagree with the positive stereotype that people in certain areas of the country are warm and friendly, because this type of friendliness is usually based on tribalism.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and come to dust
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
shoebox size houses,crappy schools, shithole cities, too much immigration, crappy weather
crappy health care or it just modern medicine that's shit, can't grow weed, can't own a gun,
crappy prison system, and the queen of england is crap, i think i'd sooner be born in america in silicon valley.
Well the reason for all the crappy services is the cuts to funding so that ultra rich peoples taxes can be reduced. And then they use immigrants as a convenient scaepgoat.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
TiredLostHope20

TiredLostHope20

SN Arrived!
Aug 24, 2022
Same, i also live in the UK and you have pretty much summed up the problems i have as well

Reactions: come to dust