FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I really don't believe in the idea that wanting to die is something to "recover" from, anything like that is a delusion and any life valuing toxic positivity is just so insensitive to me, it feels so empty and fake, I especially despise when it's pushed onto other people who were in no way asking for it.

I cannot stand anything to do with "recovery" as wanting to die isn't irrational, it's not the problem but rather existence is. To me suicide feels like the only rational thing to wish for in this cruel and futile existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, I see wishing to delay the inevitable in this harmful and hellish world as being the true delusional and absurd thing.

Existence could never be a desirable state and it just wasn't worth enduring in the first place, only death can comfort me and bring me the relief I search for, it will always disgust me how suicide is purposely made so difficult despite the fact that existence itself will always be a horrific mistake.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: L0LA, fwompie, myusername890 and 11 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I always HATED toxic positivity so much. It's a plague on social media and irl as well. Thank you for this refreshing vent from a Sasu perspective from one to another

• Yay!
Reactions: myusername890, TheGoodGuy and not-2-b-the-answer
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
I can see you are very committed to not being alive. Would you please tell me what's keeping you alive still in spite of this philosophy?

Reactions: AshClouds, sserafim, garrypallister99 and 2 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
A lot of people do move past feeling suicidal though. Sometimes it can be hard to discern who will be these people.

Reactions: Melly and squirley
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
I can see you are very committed to not being alive. Would you please tell me what's keeping you alive still in spite of this philosophy?
she answered this question so many times lol

G

garrypallister99

Aug 20, 2023
I really don't believe in the idea that wanting to die is something to "recover" from, anything like that is a delusion and any life valuing toxic positivity is just so insensitive to me, it feels so empty and fake, I especially despise when it's pushed onto other people who were in no way asking for it.

I cannot stand anything to do with "recovery" as wanting to die isn't irrational, it's not the problem but rather existence is. To me suicide feels like the only rational thing to wish for in this cruel and futile existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, I see wishing to delay the inevitable in this harmful and hellish world as being the true delusional and absurd thing.

Existence could never be a desirable state and it just wasn't worth enduring in the first place, only death can comfort me and bring me the relief I search for, it will always disgust me how suicide is purposely made so difficult despite the fact that existence itself will always be a horrific mistake.
I agree with part of this. Pro-life for the sake of it is stupid and not fair but some people consider suicide due to an overreaction to something very spur of the moment. Life can definitely be desirable, 90% of my life I've enjoyed thoroughly and been grateful for. The other 10% has been insufferable and that's why I'm here. Again, suicide should not be seen as something to "recover" from in many cases, but in many other cases, it actually is

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
For me it's the fact that living is the default mode and that it takes effort and action to die

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: L0LA, Melly, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
For me it's the fact that living is the default mode and that it takes effort and action to die
Appreciate your answer dear and it makes me glad that you are here.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023

I don't understand in my case. There is nothing to enjoy, be happy about, or live for. All stolen from me. Recover? For what? I'm feeling how I'm supposed to. You just want to cover your ass. Would rather me be miserable to avoid an awkward conversation then me finally finding peace. And helping me? Pftt way way too much work.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Death is the recovery from life !!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: foreverfalling and sserafim
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023

Your posts are so repetitive, you may as well just copy and paste your reply to every post.
And, your feelings are YOUR feelings, not everyone's!

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I have had suicidal thoughts since I was 14 and I am 29 now so no! You can't recover from it! I have tried countless times to better myself and it doesn't work! People who believe that adults who have been suicidal since teenage years can recover are delusional...

Reactions: Yavannah
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it depends on the person. Some people are unsure themselves as to whether they want to try and live. Whether it's going to be possible for them to achieve a life they feel content enough with. In which case- assuming that death is their best option isn't actually taking into account what they are feeling- their choice. Pro-choice ought to be about respecting people's right to choose- even if they choose to live or choose recovery.

In some ways- I think it's healthier to suggest recovery rather than just assume that death is their best option. The OP can always let their annoyance be known if they are getting pissed off with positive crap. Then- I agree- people shouldn't push it any further.

Always just validating death as everyone's best option though does give off death cult vibes. I appreciate it that in your opinion- you're only speaking truth but realistically- if everyone did that- this place likely would get shut down quicker.

There are people on here who are on the fence at the moment. In which case- I imagine most people would say- they're not quite ready to make that decision to CTB yet. Maybe because a part of them still wants to live.

But- obviously- it depends entirely on the OP. I agree- I hate seeing people being given a whole load of platitudes when they haven't asked for it. Still- it's up to them to voice their opinions on their own threads if that is troubling them. It's up to them as to what they consider is an appropriate response to their thread. Most people here seem capable of telling pro-lifers to push off.

I don't imagine anyone here really tries to get you to 'recover'. I think it's obvious that it wouldn't work. I guess a lot of people are curious though- so, they may ask you about when you started to feel like this (always) and whether you have ever felt any differently (no.)

I do understand that, from your perspective, all positivity is repulsive and insulting. From that viewpoint, encouraging people to live and recover is the toxic and dangerous thing to do. I'm not so sure everyone feels like this though. If they're unsure in particular, I think having contrasting opinions is what helps us make up our own minds. Personally, I wouldn't enjoy it if I came on here and everyone had the same viewpoint. What's really important I think is that we respect one another's views.

TheDog_

TheDog_

Feb 25, 2023
I really appreciate your posts. They make me feel less alone. When I see mean comments I become so sad. Nobody asked to be in so much mental anguish that everything feels bad. I wish people were never mean to you. I understand the anguish

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
In my own foresight, my answer for myself would be because I'm basically made to by the people around me irl being manipulative pro-lifers. At least, the ones I have to be around on a daily basis.