FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really does disgust me how we exist in a society where the focus is on trying to prolong suffering rather than respecting other people's very valid wish to cease existing on their own terms. I find it so horrible and hellish how suicide isn't accepted as a logical solution to prevent all future unnecessary suffering in an existence where we are just waiting around to die anyway.
The whole view that suicide is something to even prevent in the first place is just so delusional and cruel, as to me ceasing to exist is a positive thing, the thought of eternally ceasing to exist is all that comforts me.

It's insane to see death as the most terrible thing when only existence causes suffering and one cannot suffer from not-existing. In fact to me it'll always be preferable to cease existing which is why I'm always disgusted how we exist in such an anti-suicide society where we cannot just easily die in peace when we want to.

Suicide should only ever be accepted rather than prevented, and it repulses me when deluded pro-lifers force the idea of prevention. Like it just disturbs me that there are many people who want to make it so other people continue to suffer no matter what, I will always see it as delusional to desire existence in the first place, the only relief lies in death, all that's desirable to me is a dreamless and eternal sleep.

Reactions: Specific_Milk
Specific_Milk

Specific_Milk

Student
Aug 28, 2022
People are scared to entertain the thought that suicide might be (and imo is) a rational solution to suffering. Even in philosophy, it's rarely talked about and for those that did like Schopenhauer and Camus, they both say it's a mistake of sorts and that somehow even death 'evades the Absurd' (as Camus puts it) or that it is the radical acceptance of the Will (Schopenhauer). It seems to me that main stream thought does not consist of those who argue for suicide being a rational case. Those that do like Mainlander or Hegesias of Cyrene aren't taken seriously. Mainlander's work has never been translated fully into english and the work of Hegesias is lost all together. Has no one seriously ever attempted to justify suicide on philosophical grounds? Society is so averse to suicide as to let this be the case.