D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
I am not that young but I had the feeling that nobody understands me. "You think about suicide, then go to a psychologist." "One does not kill oneself" empty phrases. But I never have the feeling that someone here is being pushed to commit suicide. On the contrary, it seems liberating that there are so many people who are on the edge with whom you can exchange thoughts. This is not a forum which pressures people to commit suicide but a place where you can talk freely without being sent to the nearest psychiatric hospital.

• Love
Reactions: 4390101, waitingforrest, Neneko Izumozaki and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that it's a waste of time reading about this forum in the media, I don't bother reading pro life news articles. I don't care about what delusional pro lifers have to say, their beliefs don't reflect the reality of this existence. Pro life is really just pro suffering and it's frustrating how we live in a world that makes it as hard for us to die as possible.

Reactions: 4390101, waitingforrest, Neneko Izumozaki and 3 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Most people who have a negative opinion of the site have never been here and are only going off of what they have read. A lot of the older people in this camp are scared of all corners of the internet because it's so foreign to them. Many who have suffered from depression and suicidal ideation have only done so fleetingly. They have no experience with the unrelenting dark cloud that follows many of us here. "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" makes complete sense to them because they only consider suicide in true crises like a failed relationship or a failed career. For such fortunate people, they are justified in trying to prevent impulsive suicides, but they lack the empathy to understand that this is not the case for everyone. Some of us have been waiting for the bus since we were very young and have not stopped waiting since.

It will probably be quite a few more years before I CTB, but I do appreciate being able to speak freely here. I have butted heads with more radical pro-choicers, @FuneralCry included, but I do respect that they are able to speak their minds here without reprisal from the mods. As long as you are not harassing someone individual or spewing bigoted hatred, the free discussion of ideas should be the ideal in any internet forum, especially for people who are disenfranchised everywhere else.

• Hugs
Reactions: complexptsd and waitingforrest
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Most people who have a negative opinion of the site have never been here and are only going off of what they have read. A lot of the older people in this camp are scared of all corners of the internet because it's so foreign to them.
I agree with the first sentence but how old have you got to be to find the internet foreign??

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I agree with the first sentence but how old have you got to be to find the internet foreign??
You'd be surprised how many people avoid using the internet and any social media. I know people in their 40s who refuse to move on from flip phones. The average news article reader is in their 50s and 60s.

• Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: waitingforrest, katagiri83 and rationaltake
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
You'd be surprised how many people avoid using the internet and any social media. I know people in their 40s who refuse to move on from flip phones. The average news article reader is in their 50s and 60s.
It depends. I know 2 people in their 80s who have never been online and another the same age who goes on FB to keep up with family. People I know in their 50s and 60s are on FB and IG and all sorts. Not SnapChat though!

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and katagiri83
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
I've never ever heard of this site in media before. I found this site like 4 days ago and I already forgot how I found it, only know that it's nice being here.
I feel like if there's some big news story about this website, there's two things that could happen:
-it gets blocked in some country / shut down / restricted by authoritative powers
-it causes more people to go to this site. Some will be problematic, and some will be just new welcome users

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest