FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hate when people continue to use that word because even know pro-lifers get offended by this, if one wants to die it's not an illness. Using the word "recovery" just comes across as so delusional to me as existence is the problem rather than the wish to be permanently free from it. There is nothing "ill" or "irrational" about wanting to prevent all future suffering through suicide, to me suicide is actually very logical because there is no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they are enslaved in this futile, meaningless and pointless existence.

There is no "recovery" from the fact that existence could never be a desirable state, to me the ill ones are those who worship existence so much even know existence causes nothing but harm, unnecessary problems and suffering. To have the ability to exist is burdensome and it's like a virus how humans impose it onto others.

I don't understand how anyone could desire existence in the first place, I see existence as nothing more than an endless cycle of cruelty and suffering that so tragically continues to repeat once new life is forced here, existence is just an unnecessary harm and death means peace. I envy those who no longer exist as after all one cannot suffer from the absence of everything, I don't see any value in existing as a conscious being destined to deteriorate and decay from age, I find it terrifying how a human can potentially exist for so long.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4am, myusername890, SilentSadness and 1 other person
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
A lot of people are capable of recovering though.
Recovery is not an evil or bad word at all and it's use is not exclusive to suicides lol

• Love
Reactions: wondering&wandering, Myforevercharlie, betternever2havbeen and 9 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
When ctb is a decision then of course there's nothing to recover from but let's remember suicidal thoughts and tendencies are symptoms of many mental illnesses and disorders, such as depression or schizophrenia or many many more that people here and everywhere else have to deal with. And millions of them have recovered so please remember there's your point of view and there's billions of different stories than yours and let people find death as something you'd rather avoid than chase. And I'm saying that as a person who dreams about dying with every cell of her brain.

You hate how society doesn't understand suicidal people, and I agree, it should be a choice. But at the very same time you also don't get their point at all. So please don't require any understanding if you're not willing to understand the other party either…

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wondering&wandering, Myforevercharlie, zel and 8 others
S

skdjm

Jan 10, 2024
Same feeling although not suicidal now.
Though not a native speaker, I think "recover" suggests "getting better" so it implies being suicidal is a bad thing. That's what I'd reject from the first.
For similar reason, I find the phrase "suicide prevention" strange.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
To me, my version of recovery is me being dead as early as possible. Death will be my recovery

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
bishopxowiki

bishopxowiki

Bishop
Jan 9, 2024
When ctb is a decision then of course there's nothing to recover from but let's remember suicidal thoughts and tendencies are symptoms of many mental illnesses and disorders, such as depression or schizophrenia or many many more that people here and everywhere else have to deal with. And millions of them have recovered so please remember there's your point of view and there's billions of different stories than yours and let people find death as something you'd rather avoid than chase. And I'm saying that as a person who dreams about dying with every cell of her brain.

You hate how society doesn't understand suicidal people, and I agree, it should be a choice. But at the very same time you also don't get their point at all. So please don't require any understanding if you're not willing to understand the other party either…

Your brain is beautiful

Reactions: wondering&wandering, zel and divinemistress36
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
"Living person says death is the greatest thing ever" - The Onion

• Yay!
Reactions: zel, Glandular and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I've tried almost every treatment out there to recover but brain damage is permanent. Some people can't recover and it's frustrating when people keep talking about recovery when it's not possible for some people

just_a_guy

just_a_guy

thispersondoesnotexist
Oct 27, 2023
Yup, "recovery" gives the impression that we're suffering from an illness. What they should say is that they want us to buy into the shared delusion of this life and world being a beautiful gift

Reactions: Tears in Rain and pthnrdnojvsc
beelzebul

beelzebul

(;´д`)ゞ
Oct 10, 2023
Yup, "recovery" gives the impression that we're suffering from an illness. What they should say is that they want us to buy into the shared delusion of this life and world being a beautiful gift
But most of us ARE suffering from an illness. Depression is an illness. Wanting to die isn't normal. We ARE sick. There's nothing wrong with that, but let's not pull the wool over our own eyes here.

Reactions: wondering&wandering, zel and divinemistress36
zel

zel

Curiosity killed the cat, eh?
Oct 17, 2023
But most of us ARE suffering from an illness. Depression is an illness. Wanting to die isn't normal. We ARE sick. There's nothing wrong with that, but let's not pull the wool over our own eyes here.
At the very least, from a strictly biological perspective, we are defective and unhealthy animals. The nature and proper functioning of any animal is to live, and to live long enough to reproduce. In many ways, I don't think humans are much different in the sense that we're showing signs of ill health and dysfunction in trying to actively end our own lives. Of course there are other considerations to be made re: quality of life, philosophical deliberation, but I perfectly understand why many would consider suicidality something which one may "recover" from.