Menschenmühle

Menschenmühle

Jan 21, 2022
Psychiatrists approach the topic of suicide with already established and agreed upon notions. They say for example that suicidal ideation and suicidal planning can only arise due to a depressive mindset, a depressive mindset means a faulty perception of reality, a wrong perception of reality demands to be fixed. Fixed through medications and state intervention if necessary!
I'm not demanding a philosophical discussion with these people, but it would be nice to be treated with respect, to be given some credence to what I believe in.

Reactions: swaraj, resolutory, Forever Sleep and 13 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Yet Pegasos reject applicants who are young with depression, so they must believe that you can be suicidal without being depressed

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Menschenmühle

Menschenmühle

Jan 21, 2022
Yet Pegasos reject applicants who are young with depression, so they must believe that you can be suicidal without being depressed
Well the people that I'm talking about would never agree to assisted dying in the first place.

Reactions: jodes2
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also hate that, I see their opinion as being incredibly ignorant and invalidating. Wanting suicide can be a rational response to seeing life for what it really is, for someone to see their life as not being worth living doesn't necessarily mean that they are 'mentally ill'. At least in my case leaving this world would make sense for me as it would prevent so much unnecessary suffering.

Non existence is simply the more preferable option to me as it's the absence of everything, I see no value in enduring endless problems just to die anyway. As well as potentially being very awful, life can also be pointless and tedious. Some people are just not meant for life and that fact should be respected. Life itself is the problem rather than the person themselves.

Reactions: kafkasfemcel, Rogue Proxy, Finding Sirius and 6 others
Menschenmühle

Menschenmühle

Jan 21, 2022
I also hate that, I see their opinion as being incredibly ignorant and invalidating. Wanting suicide can be a rational response to seeing life for what it really is, for someone to see their life as not being worth living doesn't necessarily mean that they are 'mentally ill'. At least in my case leaving this world would make sense for me as it would prevent so much unnecessary suffering.

Non existence is simply the more preferable option to me as it's the absence of everything, I see no value in enduring endless problems just to die anyway. As well as potentially being very awful, life can also be pointless and tedious. Some people are just not meant for life and that fact should be respected. Life itself is the problem rather than the person themselves.
No matter how articulate our views are, no matter how life appears to us, they'll never understand. It's good that suicide is easily accessible, I can't imagine dealing with the same kind of people for fifty years or more. Unfortunately, my hands are tangled at the moment, I'm under constant watch, tired and bored out of my mind. I should already be dead, for how long do they think they can hold me like this? I don't know if I should feel sorry for them or for myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Finding Sirius, achromatic and 1 other person
A

AintNoWayOut

Student
Jan 6, 2020
as if there arent a million other circumstances (loneliness, chronic pain, poverty, etc) that can make someone not want to live anymore

its a simple and convenient way to brush all of those problems under the rug. just blame it on the persons brain being defective, its all just THEIR flawed perspective of life, life itself is totally perfect and great for everyone.... lol

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Forever Sleep
StrangeAndDeath

StrangeAndDeath

Exhausted Human
Oct 12, 2022

I was just telling someone this today and she told me to suck it up. That she also didn't want to be here but she was sucking it up and I should too cause that's what everyone does. I wanted to argue further that continuing to live was her choice and mine is to die but I've had conversations like that in the past and they always end without any real impact, so I let it go
Maybe I'm misinformed, since I have no direct interactions with a therapist but it seems to me that most practicing psychiatrists don't question the treatment they offer. Like they don't question if they apply to all situations or only some. Like they consider all patients to be automatically mentally defective and hence, need a generic treatment strategy.

I don't even know if I'm making sense

Last edited:
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Everyone should have the right to refuse life. It makes sense to reject an abuse where I get up at seven every morning and come home tired and exhausted in the evening. If a psychiatrist refuses to get me a job where I don't have to work more than 24 hours a week, they have to prescribe N :) I am not slave.

Reactions: NoLightRemains
H

hush hush

Student
May 13, 2022
Psychiatrists approach the topic of suicide with already established and agreed upon notions. They say for example that suicidal ideation and suicidal planning can only arise due to a depressive mindset, a depressive mindset means a faulty perception of reality, a wrong perception of reality demands to be fixed. Fixed through medications and state intervention if necessary!
I'm not demanding a philosophical discussion with these people, but it would be nice to be treated with respect, to be given some credence to what I believe in.
You reminded me of my post https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...rs-charlatans-trying-to-make-a-living.100817/
It seems that mental health professionals do not question things as deeply as philosophers. You cannot make a honest discussion with them. As Camus said whether life is worth living is the most important philosophical question. Mental health professionals are just bootlickers protecting societal norms and the economy due to the cost of suicide, making empty promises to people's family and society..

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, brdhndz and Forever Sleep
brdhndz

brdhndz

Oct 18, 2022
It's not a wrong correlation in a lot of cases. Being suicidal often goes hand in hand with being depressed and it's weird to be in my current situation of being suicidal and not depressed. I've been depressed before, several years ago, I know what that feels like for me. This isn't it. I'm not depressed, but the psychiatric diagnostic criteria for depression is weirdly circular when it comes to being suicidal specifically. Like any other symptom of depression can exist without depression but as soon as you add being suicidal to the mix, you absolutely must be some sort of depressed or in a depressive episode of some other mental illness.