N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I probably never did one. I fucking hate such a bullshit. I hate peer pressure. I am so glad we don't have one here on SS. I would probably refuse it. Though I have heard one time the new members had to write an essay why they want to join. To be honest I have absolutely no problem with that.

But tests of courage are such a bullshit. For example in order to join brotherhoods. I try to be an independent thinker I dislike it when someone is pressuring me to do somerthing I dislike. There is so much dangerous stuff like taking drugs, driving drunk or that bullshit. It is so immature in my opinion. I never ever drunk alcohol in my life. (on purpose). Maybe sometimes when I took a medication or accidentally in food. When I was a teenager everyone started to drink or taking drugs. I was always very oppossed to that. And if someone asked my opinion on it I always told the truth without hesitation. I am proud for that. Despite my bullying or maybe especially due to my bullying I recognized I have to try to stick with my guts.

Last edited:
Reactions: come to dust
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
My sorority pledging experience contained none of that. Alcohol was there, but there was no pressure to drink. It was much more about learning the history of the house and learning about your sisters.

What I loved about it was that it gave me an automatic network of more than 100 women who had my back if I needed them. We weren't all best friends, but we were a sisterhood, and we looked out for each other. On a large, highly competitive campus, that is something to be treasured.

Reactions: OldDrummer
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
My dorm got rushed by frat bros back in the day, but I wasn't cool with the hazing and such either. Plus I had to swallow a goldfish. I was like "hell with that, I don't like fish at the best of times." Needless to say I remained fratless.

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
Most unis prohibit hazing, maybe where you are is different but mine will dismantle the fraternity if they violate any rules. I'm just not too stoked by the concept of paying someone else for what seems like no good reason. And even if it is a good reason - those are the tokens of my labour hours! Gah.