CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
So here I am sitting alone. Everything is fine and boom! All of a sudden I remember something bad that happened recently. I can't stop thinking about it and I now feel really depressed. Can't I just be without randomly feeling bad about something.

I also feel like I can't really do anything about it. So far something that gives me relief from this pain is reminding myself of how I'm just a few weeks away from being able to ctb. Sometimes I also want to talk to people about it, but that's not always an option. Venting on this website also helps a little. I just want the pain to be over.

• Hugs
Reactions: NasiGoreng, Cheemo, suisuiforum and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I can relate. I always feel bad about something, and there is no escape from our own thoughts. I tend to overthink a lot. I'm sorry you are suffering, living can be painful.

• Love
Reactions: Cheemo, GreenMile, Dead Meat and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I did some sensation-based perpspective thing (mindfulness-ish/Buddhism) today and it helped me. Basically you recognize what the emotion actually is in terms of physical sensation and then treat it as any discomfort that would arise during meditation. This'll increase the tolerance over time (this even works with physical pain).

• Love
Reactions: logan, Rhaiyne, GreenMile and 3 others
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I actually have done that before, but never because of trying to be mindful or a Buddhist. I'll try that next time.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I actually have done that before, but never because of trying to be mindful or a Buddhist.

Of course you've done it before, it's called ordinary patience / riding shit out...

Reactions: CoolGuy9
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I did some sensation-based perpspective thing (mindfulness-ish/Buddhism) today and it helped me. Basically you recognize what the emotion actually is in terms of physical sensation and then treat it as any discomfort that would arise during meditation. This'll increase the tolerance over time (this even works with physical pain).
I actually once did this, but not on any negative feelings, but rather on happiness and I did it while on drugs and it was probably the most horrific experience of my life. My whole world view on why any person would even bother to live is to feel good emotions and just the idea that happiness doesn't exist send me in this horrible existential horror. Later I realized that I have been happy and it obviously exists and what I saw was a feeling of it not existing rather than an actual fact of it not existing. I'm still not fully over it, but I'm doing a lot better than I was before.

Reactions: GreenMile
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Every person has emotional fluctuations.
That is quite normal.

The problem is when you can no longer cope with them for whatever reason.

The recommendation to meditate is very helpful - you will be more balanced and mentally stable.
Nutrition also plays a big role, as well as moderate exercise.

Reactions: CoolGuy9 and GenesAndEnvironment
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
You need to start looking in the mirror & seeing & loving yourself for who you really are - the heroine of "Eat Pray Love". Make that movie your Bible & Julia Roberts your Buddha. Have as many teeth implanted as possible ASAP. True happiness = big, wide, toothy grins

julia roberts comedy GIF