Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
I dreamt that I got a professional massage. Shortly afterwards, I shat my pants. I remember all the shit down my leg, and I was very confused as to why this had happened. Then later I was speaking to the massage therapist and they said something about how that type of massage can loosen your bowels. I thought, "Oh, that's why I shat myself."
What could this mean?

• Yay!
Reactions: Lostandlooking, sugarb and Spreadingmywings
Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

Experienced
May 22, 2019
I dreamt that I got a professional massage. Shortly afterwards, I shat my pants. I remember all the shit down my leg, and I was very confused as to why this had happened. Then later I was speaking to the massage therapist and they said something about how that type of massage can loosen your bowels. I thought, "Oh, that's why I shat myself."
What could this mean?
Dreams like this often blend physical sensations, subconscious thoughts, and emotional states. Your dream could have several layers of meaning:

1. Release and Letting Go: A massage is a therapeutic experience that often involves relaxation, tension release, and letting go of built-up stress. The act of "shitting yourself" after such a release could symbolize a fear or anxiety about letting go too much or losing control. It could reflect concerns about what might happen if you truly relaxed or surrendered in some aspect of your life.

2. Embarrassment or Vulnerability: Dreams involving bodily functions like this one can point to feelings of embarrassment, vulnerability, or exposure. Being in a situation where you "shat your pants" and didn't understand why might suggest fears of being caught off guard or not fully understanding the consequences of your actions. It might indicate a subconscious concern about being vulnerable or feeling exposed in a way that's uncomfortable.

3. Processing Physical or Emotional Cleansing: On a more positive note, this dream could reflect a process of deep cleansing, whether emotional, mental, or physical. Massages can sometimes evoke a release not just of muscle tension but of stored emotions or energies. The messiness of the situation could represent the messy nature of emotional processing—sometimes, healing and release aren't neat or tidy processes.

4. Awareness and Understanding: At the end of the dream, when the massage therapist explains that the massage can loosen the bowels, you reach an understanding of why it happened. This moment could symbolize a realization or acknowledgment of how certain actions or experiences lead to specific consequences, even if they seem confusing or surprising at first.

This dream seems to be engaging with themes of control, release, vulnerability, and understanding. Reflecting on these themes might help you see if they resonate with anything currently happening in your life.

Reactions: Priestess
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
I dunno, sometimes dreams are very exciting and fascinating, but often also vague and shitty too.

Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
Good explanation, spreadingmywings, thanks. I'm going to read it through several times.
Another thing I remember was that the shit was particularly disgusting, even during the dream I was revolted by it. It wasn't normal diarrhoea, it was chunky and almost hard, almost like chalky oil pastels.

Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

Experienced
May 22, 2019
Good explanation, spreadingmywings, thanks. I'm going to read it through several times.
Another thing I remember was that the shit was particularly disgusting, even during the dream I was revolted by it. It wasn't normal diarrhoea, it was chunky and almost hard, almost like chalky oil pastels.
Thanks for sharing more details, Priestess. The additional description of the shit in your dream adds another layer to its interpretation:

1. Unusually Disgusting and Unnatural Substance: The fact that the excrement was not just ordinary but unusually revolting and had a strange, almost "chalky oil pastel" consistency could symbolize something deeply unsettling or unnatural that you're grappling with. This might represent a situation, emotion, or thought pattern that feels particularly "off" or out of place in your life—something that feels heavy, difficult to process, or digest emotionally.

2. Chunkiness and Hardness: This texture could indicate something that is difficult to break down or work through, both physically and metaphorically. It might point to emotions or experiences that are hard to process, leading to an internal feeling of being blocked or stuck. It could also suggest an attempt to purge something that isn't flowing naturally—maybe an aspect of yourself or your life that feels forced or contrived.

3. Revolt and Rejection: Your strong reaction of disgust even within the dream suggests a powerful internal rejection or aversion. This could be related to something you're currently rejecting about yourself, your behavior, or a situation in your waking life. It might indicate a need to confront this "revolting" aspect, explore where the aversion comes from, and understand what it might be pointing toward in terms of deeper emotional or psychological work.

The vividness of this imagery and your reaction to it suggests that whatever this symbolizes for you, it is something that feels quite potent and is perhaps asking for attention or resolution. Taking time to sit with what specifically comes to mind when you think of these textures and feelings might help bring more clarity.
I dunno, sometimes dreams are very exciting and fascinating, but often also vague and shitty too.
IMG 6676

Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
Thanks for the additional interpretation. There are several things in my life it could represent. I wonder if I should mention this dream to my therapist tomorrow?

Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

Experienced
May 22, 2019
Thanks for the additional interpretation. There are several things in my life it could represent. I wonder if I should mention this dream to my therapist tomorrow?
Yup you can even tell'em what i told u

Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
Well, I saw my therapist today and told her the dream and your interpretation. She added an extra bit to the interpretation, in my dream the massage therapist explained I'd shat myself because the massage had loosened my bowels. She said that could mean that when therapy expels all the shit inside me, she will be there to help me understand it and work through it "instead of just leaving all the shit laying on the floor."
By the way, what are we meant to be seeing in the picture you posted?

Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

Experienced
May 22, 2019
Well, I saw my therapist today and told her the dream and your interpretation. She added an extra bit to the interpretation, in my dream the massage therapist explained I'd shat myself because the massage had loosened my bowels. She said that could mean that when therapy expels all the shit inside me, she will be there to help me understand it and work through it "instead of just leaving all the shit laying on the floor."
By the way, what are we meant to be seeing in the picture you posted?

You have a good therapist when they really acknowledge what you tell them.

I have no recollection of the exact reason why i replied to the user with that picture but i think it had something to do with it's username and it's pic. I faintly remember this part:
Nothing is as it seems…
This 600-year-old painting is one of the most mysterious in history.
That mirror at the back is just 3 inches wide — yet it reflects the entire room in immense detail.

Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
This is my fifth therapist. The others weren't much good. They were nice enough people but the therapy was useless. I've been with this current therapist for just around a month or so now, and at first I was resistant and not too impressed but she's starting to grow on me. Tbh I only started going to this therapy to help me with my disability benefits reassessment, I intended to stop as soon as my claim is successful but I think I might keep going.

Reactions: Spreadingmywings