S

subhumantrash

It's about time for the liar to play the victim
Jan 19, 2023
I saw my best friend die in my dream. I'm not the type of person to cry, but I remember crying and screaming in agony in my dream, as if I was getting murdered.
A few hours passed since that and now I'm calm. I wanna talk to him about it, but I fear it might sound weird. He is not the type of person to brush it off and ignore, but I still cannot convince myself. He helped me with my sleep paralysis/nightmares in the past but I'm still tempted. Am I losing trust in people faster than I though I was? I thought I was doing well in the recent days, not letting my mind overtake. It seems not. I really don't wanna sound overly obsessed or like a creep.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, have a nice day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, TransilvanianHunger, thx1138 and 1 other person
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
It sounds like you consciously know that you can talk to your friend about this dream and it'll be fine, and this nagging feeling of doubt and worry is just there, getting in the way and existing for no good reason. I'd suggest you give it a go and talk to your friend, no need to make a big deal out of it. We dream about people we care about all the time, so there's nothing weird about it. Don't let a nebulous sense of fear stop you from reaching out to the people you care about.

• Hugs
Reactions: subhumantrash
Q

qiuyu

Feb 2, 2023
sounds like you care about your friend a lot. and nightmares can be a disturbing thing. i hope you have nicer dreams in the future =)

• Hugs
S

subhumantrash

It's about time for the liar to play the victim
Jan 19, 2023
sounds like you care about your friend a lot. and nightmares can be a disturbing thing. i hope you have nicer dreams in the future =)
Thank you, I still couldn't bring myself to talk to him but I'm gonna try tonight.

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Dreaming about the death of a friend could signify many different things. It could mean that you're concerned for them. It could also mean that your friendship is undergoing change or that you'd prefer to be free of this person. It could also have nothing to do with them. But in general, it can be really illuminating to interpret your dreams (if you remember them), because at night we process what's subconsciously suppressed in the daytime. :heart:

• Love