Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
If anyone here is considering undergoing hair transplant for their balding problem, I've done it last year and it's showing good results now. AMA.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
G

Grey-zoner

Dec 17, 2021
Nice! I've wanted to get one. I'm an American and am interested in going to Thailand for it (would go there regardless, but a transplant is an additional reason). Are you on Finasteride also?

Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
How severe was your balding before the transplant
Did you take stuff like minodixil or finasteride prior and did it help

MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

šŸ‘»
Nov 5, 2020
How much did it cost? I'm debating on doing this or going full bald. My balding isn't too bad yet but I have noticed it and am kind of wanting to nip it in the bud sooner rather than later if possible.

Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019
Nice! I've wanted to get one. I'm an American and am interested in going to Thailand for it (would go there regardless, but a transplant is an additional reason). Are you on Finasteride also?
I was on oral finasteride for 14 months.
How severe was your balding before the transplant
Did you take stuff like minodixil or finasteride prior and did it help
My balding was in the crown area and frontal.

Since my hair roots had completely gone in those areas, there was no benefit to using any medicine to treat it.

The whole point of the hair transplant was to transplant roots from the back of the head (where they are permanent) to the front and crown. After that, minoxidil and finasteride helped.
How much did it cost? I'm debating on doing this or going full bald. My balding isn't too bad yet but I have noticed it and am kind of wanting to nip it in the bud sooner rather than later if possible.
I am from India and I did it for a total of around 150000 INR which includes the surgery and all the medicines for almost 14 months

• Informative
Reactions: MellowAvenue and Grey-zoner
G

Grey-zoner

Dec 17, 2021
Did you experience any side effects from the finasteride? Some men experience sexual stuff, depression, etc..., but I have always wondered whether it would have any effect on someone who is already depressed. That's what's stopped me before from using it. I was on Paxil for many years, and I think Finasteride probably wouldn't be as bad as many SSRIs, or at least similar, but not much worse.

Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019
Did you experience any side effects from the finasteride? Some men experience sexual stuff, depression, etc..., but I have always wondered whether it would have any effect on someone who is already depressed. That's what's stopped me before from using it. I was on Paxil for many years, and I think Finasteride probably wouldn't be as bad as many SSRIs, or at least similar, but not much worse.
Absolutely no side effects. I have had depression in the past but that was many years ago.

I was lucky to get it done from, I would strongly say, a very experienced and skilled doctor who assured us of every precaution during and after surgery and actually delivered on those promises.