M

Moon2018

Apr 12, 2020
Hello everyone. I'm a girl, I'm 24 years old. I finished school (grade 11) and college. We have a five-point grading system. Threes, fours and fives equally. I do not know how I managed to graduate from school and college. At school, I looked only at a notebook and a textbook, did everything according to the model and did not think with my brains, did not listen to the teacher. I built a wall around me. I was afraid of everyone. I didn't communicate with anyone, I was always alone. Barely entered the institute. It was emotionally easier and freer there, but I was still squeezed. I have no knowledge left from school and institute.
I will try to explain with an example. For example, almost everyone knows which countries are part of Europe, the history of the world (for example, war), the structure of a person, my native language (I have Russian). But I know nothing of this and do not understand. I have an empty brain. Against the background of others, I'm stupid. I am often asked if I graduated from school? (hint that I'm stupid and stupid). I bought books and tried to teach, but for a long time I did not have enough and I abandoned. I sincerely and with all my heart delved into textbooks, but I do not understand and do not remember anything.
People have somehow all the knowledge put on shelves in the head, they can pull it out and tell. They remember 20,10,5,1 years ago. I don't remember what happened a week ago. I can communicate with only at the level of everyday topics and then I need to think for a long time about what I will talk about.
It makes me very bad. Because school knowledge is the basis of everything, the basis of how the world works. This is one of the reasons why I want euthanasia.
Did you have this problem? How to live with it?
Sorry for the mistakes, I use google translator.
I do not understand how school knowledge and moments of life fit into people's heads! really do not understand !!!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: death137, demuic, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
A lot of adults slowly forget stuff they learned at school. Unless you're a teacher you dont have to forget a lot the knowledge, only the stuff you need to use in your daily life-which is not a lot and then also whatever you studied and the field you wanna work in.

I can kinda relate because I'm young and still at school and I'm fucking brain dead and totally stupid, I can't remember anything, there's gaps in my past. It's as if someone burned holes into a photo album, some things are just blank. I forget a lot of stuff for school, I only learn for the tests and then it somehow leaves my head. Idk how people do it honestly, maybe I'm just low IQ And underdeveloped or something.
Sadly I don't have any advice, I guess revising the stuff you need for a job would be a good idea or get a job where you don't need much knowledge. Ofc it's not all just about jobs, I guess you gotta come in terms with this and just be okay with it, which is hard.

Do you take any meds? Meds can cause this, also trauma and stuff. If you got bullied at school, it might be one of the reasons. Your brain wants to forget that part of your memory and along with it, it forgets what you learned at school. (That's my personal experience)

Reactions: Moon2018
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well in my case, I learnt nothing at all at I school! During my 20s I felt such an ignorant loser!!! Everybody knew more than me about anything topic than came up.
Then, I decided to do my best and learn more about everything and go to university.
I wouldn't say I'm a mister know-it-all but I think I've become kinda intelligent and a good teacher.
Also, if you or anybody see life as something crazy an absurd, you're already intelligent! I mean, we're living in hell already! The world is so unfair! Only a dumb would ignore this fact...

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
То же самое, по большему счёту. Может, первые четыре года и были мне полезны. Я забросил учебное заведение за пару месяцев до выпуска, и нисколько этому факту не печалюсь. разве что, что не забросил раньше. Знания приходят с выполнением дела и изменениям поведения. Когда готовишь мясо, режешь на куски, маринуешь, фаршируешь, кидаешь в форму для выпекания, то учишься готовить мясо. Манипулируешь людьми -- учишься манипулировать. То есть с делом, с практикой приходят знания, так я считаю.

Школа для меня -- это социальный опыт в первую очередь, и всё остальное в далекую последнюю. Это как посещать шахматные столы. Я ходил на такие чисто с людьми поговорить, подумывал, может однодумцев найду, а партеечку разыграть и по интернету можно.