theSquid

theSquid

Jul 6, 2023
The only person in this world that matters to me, the one who gave me hope to live, who saved me from my attempts multiple times has just replaced me. I don't think he realizes it himself and he constantly talks about this new girl and how much he loves her. She is just like what i used to be to him and he sound so much happier talking to her than me. I have been working for years to satisfy him and only doing and saying things that i know he likes. He has only known her a couple of months and is already telling her things it took him years to confess to me. He even told me on call that he was going to hang up because she was going to call soon and he only called me to kill time until then. He told me recently that they started dating and that is when I finally realized how much he really loves her. I lost my only reason to live and he is so much happier with someone else.
I just want to tell him i love him one last time before i go.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kunikuzushi, pole, allym101 and 19 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Sorry you have been treated so badly.
I've been through this myself in the past and it's beyond upsetting.
People are so unbelievably cruel at times.

theSquid

theSquid

Jul 6, 2023
Sorry you have been treated so badly.
I've been through this myself in the past and it's beyond upsetting.
People are so unbelievably cruel at times.
Thank you so much for understanding <3

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Lynx.

Lynx.

Sep 28, 2022
It's so incredibly difficult and harsh to deal with the feeling of being replaced.

He probably doesn't feel as if he's replacing you - he's just interested in a new person, which isn't something bad at all - his attention just shifted somewhere else... But the person suffering from it cannot shake that feeling of replacement.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Many hugs to you ♥

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just don't believe that other people can be relied on after all, it's dreadful how many other people just make existing worse and create so much suffering, it must be awful what you are going through. But anyway I wish you the best.

Reactions: Lynx.
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Does he know how hurtful it is to be talking about the new girl to you? It is crazy how someone can bounce around from relationship to relationship like it's a video game while being so reckless with other people's emotions. They can make you feel so valuable at first and then so worthless later. I understand what it's like to be thrown in the trash. I know you care about him still but I think it is best to keep a distance in that kind of scenario to protect yourself from getting hurt any further.

theSquid

theSquid

Jul 6, 2023
It's so incredibly difficult and harsh to deal with the feeling of being replaced.

He probably doesn't feel as if he's replacing you - he's just interested in a new person, which isn't something bad at all - his attention just shifted somewhere else... But the person suffering from it cannot shake that feeling of replacement.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Many hugs to you ♥
Thank you <3 I want to let him love someone else even though it means i'm being left all alone but it's so hard

Next

Next

Jul 13, 2023
Thank you for sharing your story of suffering with us. I can well imagine that the upcoming separation is putting a lot of strain on you. However, it seems to me as if you lived your relationship with different ideas. Either your partner is a sociopath, or you too have deceived yourself in the relationship. In both cases, the realization of this is painful but the pain is probably finite. You could think about growing from it.

• Informative
Reactions: MeltingBrain and WAITING TO DIE
theSquid

theSquid

Jul 6, 2023
I just don't believe that other people can be relied on after all, it's dreadful how many other people just make existing worse and create so much suffering, it must be awful what you are going through. But anyway I wish you the best.
I completely agree. I never trusted anyone but him, he was the only exception. But now that he betrayed me i see nothing good in this world anymore
Does he know how hurtful it is to be talking about the new girl to you? It is crazy how someone can bounce around from relationship to relationship like it's a video game while being so reckless with other people's emotions. They can make you feel so valuable at first and then so worthless later. I understand what it's like to be thrown in the trash. I know you care about him still but I think it is best to keep a distance in that kind of scenario to protect yourself from getting hurt any further.
You really understand! Thank you so much for the advice, i will be more careful in the future if i decide to keep going

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll and Lynx.
F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hello.
Sometimes we love a person and we don't want to see the truth, those details that betray their nature and we continue to believe something that is not real.Their lack of sensitivity is too much, I guess that person is immature. Unfortunately after a disappointment we think we will never feel again and things like that, but that's not true is only part of our disappointment.
Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: theSquid
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Forget about him.

It's detestable to see how people still view romantic relationships as something primitive.
By primitive, I mean that they're constantly changing partners every damn day.

The most horrifying part is listening to that guy talk about his new partner. It happened to an old friend of mine, and I defended him to keep him away from that kind of people.
I'm sure he will later change partners, because that's how those people are.
It's not worth telling him one last time what you feel; those people deserve to rot in this hell, not you.

Forget him, block him, distract your mind, and gradually stop thinking about him.

It's not worth wasting time on people who don't know how to appreciate you.

Last edited:
  • Love
theSquid

theSquid

Jul 6, 2023
Forget about him.

It's detestable to see how people still view romantic relationships as something primitive.
By primitive, I mean that they're constantly changing partners every damn day.

The most horrifying part is listening to that guy talk about his new partner. It happened to an old friend of mine, and I defended him to keep him away from that kind of people.
I'm sure he will later change partners, because that's how those people are.
It's not worth telling him one last time what you feel; those people deserve to rot in this hell, not you.

Forget him, block him, distract your mind, and gradually stop thinking about him.

It's not worth wasting time on people who don't know how to appreciate you.
I know thats probably for the best but he is the person that has been the closest to me ever. He has always been there for me and i used to be the only one who ever understood and accepted him for who he is. I will probably block him sooner or later, it's either that, committing, or continuing grasping helplessly to something that's fading away

• Hugs
Reactions: ClaudeCTTE
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I know thats probably for the best but he is the person that has been the closest to me ever. He has always been there for me and i used to be the only one who ever understood and accepted him for who he is. I will probably block him sooner or later, it's either that, committing, or continuing grasping helplessly to something that's fading away
I know it will be difficult to end your relationship with him because he's someone very close to you.
Perhaps ending the relationship with him will be too painful for you, but I believe that even maintaining the relationship won't be good for your mental health, as you'll feel worse as you hear how interested he is in her.

In this case, I suggest that if you're going to end or maintain the relationship, look for something that can fill the void he has left for you. And if you manage to find something that fills that void, it will help you stop giving him so much importance, and you can either break or maintain the relationship without suffering so much.

In the end, I believe the most important thing here is learning to set boundaries in a relationship, because otherwise, these kinds of situations will arise, causing long-term suffering.

• Love
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I had been very hurt one time something similar happened to me so went to a nightclub, met someone there, and it was love at first sight for us both. The one I had been so hurt by never entered my mind at all. I know this is inconceivable. I was lucky. I had gone in miserable and heartbroken and came out deliriously in love.

AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I'm just wondering if you were in a relationship with this person.

Either way, its difficult. I've been tossed to the side before. I know how bad it can hurt.

theSquid

theSquid

Jul 6, 2023
I know it will be difficult to end your relationship with him because he's someone very close to you.
Perhaps ending the relationship with him will be too painful for you, but I believe that even maintaining the relationship won't be good for your mental health, as you'll feel worse as you hear how interested he is in her.

In this case, I suggest that if you're going to end or maintain the relationship, look for something that can fill the void he has left for you. And if you manage to find something that fills that void, it will help you stop giving him so much importance, and you can either break or maintain the relationship without suffering so much.

In the end, I believe the most important thing here is learning to set boundaries in a relationship, because otherwise, these kinds of situations will arise, causing long-term suffering.
Omg that is acually really good advice, thank you so much! I will try to do my best
I'm just wondering if you were in a relationship with this person.

Either way, its difficult. I've been tossed to the side before. I know how bad it can hurt.
No, we were really close and had done some sexual things, cuddled etc but even though we both said we were attracted to each other he was unable to fall in love. He said he thought he might be aromantic or something like that and would never find someone. And that was the reason i was okay with him being emotionally distant to me

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ClaudeCTTE