Z

Zotz101

Dec 19, 2021
I got in last Tuesday. I am a semi frequent poster on this forum. I don't actually know how to feel. On one hand, my mind is fucking blown. I can't believe that something like that could happen to me. Yet, I don't want to go? Isn't that the worst thing in the world. I wish my parents never even made me apply. Because I took a spot from someone else who would have died to have that opportunity. I don't mean to sound like an ungrateful bitch. I know how lucky I am to have this opportunity staring in front of me. Yet, I don't feel lucky. I feel miserable. I am always miserable. Haha. Cheers, everyone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ultrafuntimes, OldDrummer, BeautifulMosaics and 25 others
davidgeorge

davidgeorge

Experienced
Dec 21, 2021
Congratulations on being offered a place at Cambridge Uni. You must have worked hard to pass the interview and get the grades. I believe the pastoral care provided by student services is excellent too.

• Hugs
Reactions: CC123, Life sucks, Foresight and 1 other person
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I wish my parents never even made me apply. Because I took a spot from someone else who would have died to have that opportunity.
I wouldn't worry about that. As far as I know universities usually offer admission to a bit more people than the actual predicted size of the class to account for people who will choose not to go there/choose another institution.

I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do.

Reactions: Josuyo, CC123, Life sucks and 1 other person
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
congratulations on your great achievement! I wish you success, luck, and bright future.

You should be proud of yourself. You are smart and capable

• Love
Reactions: CC123, markimobzzdeasui, Life sucks and 1 other person
R

roguetrader

Experienced
Feb 17, 2021
Congrats!
You have youth and intelligence! Those are great qualities to have.

• Hugs
Reactions: CC123, someonelse, Life sucks and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That is certainly an achievement, but you shouldn't feel too bad for not wanting to go. You cannot help the way you feel. I know that in the case of my life, I would be miserable no matter what happened to me. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Life sucks, Gsvko and 1 other person
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Congratulations, that's no small achievement ya know! If you ever need advice for dealing with high stress university academics, feel free to reach out to me, I am in a similar boat to you, although I will be graduating next year.

I would think long and hard about whether or not the rigorous, stringent culture that is characteristic of Cambridge is right for you, or whether you might feel more comfortable at a less "intense" uni that offers more leeway for students who struggle.

• Love
Reactions: Life sucks
S

someonelse

Jan 28, 2022
Congratulations! That's a major achievement and I hope you're able to feel good about yourself for accomplishing it. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
What an amazing accomplishment! Good on you!

Whether or not you choose to attend, I hope you will think of this as a confirmation of your worth.

Reactions: ThriveOrDie and CC123
angiegirl30

angiegirl30

Student
Jan 20, 2022
All I can say is freaking Congratulations!!!! That is awesome!💛

Reactions: CC123
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
I got in last Tuesday. I am a semi frequent poster on this forum. I don't actually know how to feel. On one hand, my mind is fucking blown. I can't believe that something like that could happen to me. Yet, I don't want to go? Isn't that the worst thing in the world. I wish my parents never even made me apply. Because I took a spot from someone else who would have died to have that opportunity. I don't mean to sound like an ungrateful bitch. I know how lucky I am to have this opportunity staring in front of me. Yet, I don't feel lucky. I feel miserable. I am always miserable. Haha. Cheers, everyone.
What do you *want* to do? Where do you want to go, if anywhere?

U

Unicornsrnot4dislife

Not meant for this world…….
Nov 12, 2021
Congratulations that is a huge accomplishment. You are not ungrateful. Best of luck

Reactions: CC123
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Congrats!! Well done.

Depending on whom you speak with, U of Cambridge ranks among the top 3 universities in the world, in the same league as Oxford, Standford, and Harvard. (I am not taking sides here.) You have a world of opportunity in front of you. Like another member stated, you have youth and intelligence. It is up to you how far you would want to take it.

I wish you the very best in your academic and eventual career pursuits!

Reactions: davidgeorge and CC123
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
Congrats! Very happy for you! I hope its a life-turning event towards your freedom and happiness! ☺️

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
All I can think of to say is congratulations!

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
U alrdy dserve it bcse u passd th accptnce crteria & u wrkd hrd enuf fr it - jst lke evry1 els wh/ ws accptd - th unvrsty wll nt accpt n.e1 fr othr reasns

If u thnk u d/ nt desrve 2 g/ 2 a prestgs unvrsty bcse u hve issus w/ ur slf-wrth thn u mght wn2 lk @ tht & pssbly C thrpst a.s.a.p b4 th prssures of uni kck in

If u genuinly wn2 stdy th subjct tht u hve bn accptd fr thn thre = nt rlly n.e reasn 2 trn it dwn

U r gd enuf - cngrtulatns

Josuyo

Josuyo

No, I do not like life, take it away please
Oct 17, 2021
It's unlikely you took the place from anyone. Cambridge is insanely picky about It's candidates and who they take on. I know someone there who's really enjoying it and whilst Cambridge isn't the most exciting place on earth it is a nice place with good facilities and having that uni on your cv will open a lot of doors for you. It's worth giving it a shot and see how you feel about it all.

davidgeorge

davidgeorge

Experienced
Dec 21, 2021
Congrats!! Well done.

Depending on whom you speak with, U of Cambridge ranks among the top 3 universities in the world, in the same league as Oxford, Standford, and Harvard. (I am not taking sides here.) You have a world of opportunity in front of you. Like another member stated, you have youth and intelligence. It is up to you how far you would want to take it.

I wish you the very best in your academic and eventual career pursuits!
It's 1. Cambridge Univ 2. St Andrews 3. Oxford in the UK :halo:

My son went to St Andrews but didn't get into Bertrand Russell's alma mater partly because on his way out of the interview he couldn't open the door and someone had to step in and help...!!

• Yay!
Reactions: Greenberg
Z

Zotz101

Dec 19, 2021
I just wanted to say thank you all for your nice comments. It's been a little late, but I am thankful for all of them :)

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Greenberg, OldDrummer and 1 other person