social_anxiety

social_anxiety

May 13, 2023
Hi all!

A few months ago my psychiatrist and I decided to gradually remove my medication. It worked well. I quite didn't feel the negative effects. Yesterday was the last day I had to take the medicine due to anxiety and depression, and today I decided to make this post to thank SS for being there for me! SS helped me a lot to not feel alone during those dark times. My story is long (10+ years dealing with depression) and I won't bother you with it. Just wanna share that life can get better. It's not perfect, but now I see a future for myself. Maybe not a fully happy one, but at least with my mind in peace. I know life is hard and I know that I will probably have dificult times in the future. But I see myself more mentally strong to endure it.

I had been 5 months I last logged in on SS and I will be leaving this site for longer period now.

Love you all and wish the best luck !

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lost_ange2211, Life Is My Coffin, Looking and 8 others
C

Changedmymind

May 21, 2024
I'm in a similar situation. 10+ years of depression and all kinds of medication, now im quitting some of them gradually, all of them eventually. I am what I am, and it is what it is. Acceptance and gratitude will get anyone out of the hole, I think. I'm happy to not see you again here, and will join you sometime soon.

"Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

• Love
Reactions: Looking, CC123, social_anxiety and 1 other person
acidkitsune23

acidkitsune23

Jun 20, 2024
I'm so happy for you!

• Love
Reactions: Looking