Lullaby

Lullaby

šŸŒ™
Mar 9, 2022
Ever since I was a kid, dreaming has been my biggest escape. I've been lucky enough to have vivid, lucid dreams. I could dream about whatever I wanted, it would feel real and I would be happy.

These days, I hate dreaming. I don't want to dream about what I wish my life was like, what it would be like if certain people being in my lifeā€¦I don't even want to dream about being a different person. I've been wanting to fall asleep to total darkness. I don't want to see anything, I don't want to hear anything, just nothing.

It's effecting my reality now too. Everything is too loud and too bright. The sun, the traffic, people laughing outside; it's too much. So I sat in my bathtub today with the lights turned off because I just couldn't take it anymore.

When I pass on, I've always hoped that there would be something, even if it were just a long dream. I didn't want there to be nothing.

Now, I don't really careā€¦the thought of nothingness is becoming more comforting to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Glowarm, depressedmaniac and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Nothingness is also comforting to me. It is all that I want, to be free from this existence and to be gone. To me peace does not exist in this life, even in sleep. I like the sound of an eternal dreamless sleep where nothing can hurt me. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Rogue Proxy, NobodyKnowsMe and 1 other person
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I agree.

I had an attempt with lucid dreams in the past, but they became serious lucid nightmares. Even today I have nightmares almost every night. SOmetimes they get worse and I'm scared of sleeping

Even sleeping isn't a way out for me :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe and Lullaby
Lullaby

Lullaby

šŸŒ™
Mar 9, 2022
I agree.

I had an attempt with lucid dreams in the past, but they became serious lucid nightmares. Even today I have nightmares almost every night. SOmetimes they get worse and I'm scared of sleeping

Even sleeping isn't a way out for me :(
That's horrible, I'm so sorry. It's hard enough when you're struggling in real life, but to add on nightmares makes everything harder. Have you ever taken anything for it?

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and chocolatebar
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
That's horrible, I'm so sorry. It's hard enough when you're struggling in real life, but to add on nightmares makes everything harder. Have you ever taken anything for it?
No. Can nightmares be treated? I didn't know about it.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Lullaby
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I get nightly nightmares the last 9 months. You're so lucky you can lucid dream. I've been trying to do it but can't. Wish I could control mine.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lullaby
Lullaby

Lullaby

šŸŒ™
Mar 9, 2022
No. Can nightmares be treated? I didn't know about it.
When I was in group therapy, there were a few people who had nightmares due to severe ptsd. I know there's a few different medications but they were on something called prazosin and they said it helped a lot. It's something I would really look into.

I get nightly nightmares the last 9 months. You're so lucky you can lucid dream. I've been trying to do it but can't. Wish I could control mine.
I really wish I knew how I specifically started doing it. Reading helps me a lot. Up until recently, reading before bed was my routine for years. It would really help fuel my mind before going to sleep. If I had a theme in mind, I would read something close enough to it.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Truthfully, I'm pretty sure we don't get to choose. I have seen accounts from so many atheists who had near death experiences aboujt floating outside their body and seeing things they could not see any other way that it seems most likely that the soul lives on after the body dies. Where it goes from there is not certain at all- there is a lot of variation, but there is reason to hop ethat it can be better.

Reactions: MementoMori81, ImsooDone1N and Shu
G

Glowarm

F*ck everyone and everything
Apr 8, 2022
Nothingness can be very nice. I honestly can't tell you the last I either dreamt or remembered dreaming. I go sleep and then wake up, there's nothing in-between. It's kind of an escape for me.

Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Ever since I was a kid, dreaming has been my biggest escape. I've been lucky enough to have vivid, lucid dreams. I could dream about whatever I wanted, it would feel real and I would be happy.

These days, I hate dreaming. I don't want to dream about what I wish my life was like, what it would be like if certain people being in my lifeā€¦I don't even want to dream about being a different person. I've been wanting to fall asleep to total darkness. I don't want to see anything, I don't want to hear anything, just nothing.

It's effecting my reality now too. Everything is too loud and too bright. The sun, the traffic, people laughing outside; it's too much. So I sat in my bathtub today with the lights turned off because I just couldn't take it anymore.

When I pass on, I've always hoped that there would be something, even if it were just a long dream. I didn't want there to be nothing.

Now, I don't really careā€¦the thought of nothingness is becoming more comforting to me.
I understand that feeling - wanting to escape the world and retreat into darknessā€¦

• Hugs
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
When I was in group therapy, there were a few people who had nightmares due to severe ptsd. I know there's a few different medications but they were on something called prazosin and they said it helped a lot. It's something I would really look into.
Thank you for the information. I will look into that. I really need to.
Doesn't work for everyone but weed makes you a lot less likely to dream.
unfortunately, it's illegal in here and I already got too much trouble in my back to try something like that

• Hugs
Reactions: Niko66