WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Playing games online and talking is no longer an option for me cus of my fucking voice!!! Someone Said that I sounded like a teenage boy, another girl said I sounded 13, a dude said I sounded like an anime character!!! (He specified which anime but can't say for privacy in case the people I play with visit this site) but seriously I wish I could change my voice Im not a teenager I'm a 26 year old woman!!!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: potablewater784, TheDevilsAngel, ByeByeBaby and 10 others
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
It's OK. People are usually accepting of unusual voices. People who aren't are the exception, not the rule.

Reactions: deadgirlahsatan, Deleted member 19276, MZALA and 2 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Kids tend to be judgemental. They don't know anything better.
Adults will beg to differ. Some would find your voice attractive and lovable
while acknowledging
your own perceptions towards your voice.

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, deadgirlahsatan, Deleted member 19276 and 3 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
You're not alone. It's been scientifically proven most, if not all, people hate their voice.

Don't worry about those people, just block them. Do you and if it's something you enjoy, continue. Easier said than done, but nowadays your game is better with communication.

I'm sorry people were mean to you regarding your voice. But again, if you can, ignore them or block them. They're just strangers on the internet and you should enjoy your gaming to fullest extent ♡

Reactions: deadgirlahsatan, kinzokukae, Deleted member 19276 and 3 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
while acknowledging
your own perceptions towards your voice.
The thing is, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I've recorded myself and listened over and over again, I sound ok but the constant comments and attention I receive made me self conscious about it
nowadays your game is better with communication.
Yeah tbh I enjoyed interacting it's way easier to win compared to playing mute
They're just strangers on the internet and you should enjoy your gaming to fullest extent ♡
I believe that.. it's just the constant comments ya know that made me lose the confidence. It's like I got to the point where I try to deepen my voice somehow but I can control it for long it will just go back to normal
Kids tend to be judgemental. .
Well most of the comments I got were from adults

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: deadgirlahsatan, KleinerWolf, ocd is bad and 1 other person
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Aww, I'm sorry. It's horrible others have been able to do that to you.

If it's bothering you that much maybe communicating through text would be the solution for now, at least until the bullies stop or calm down.

I hope you don't let others dictate if you enjoy your game or not. But bullies are convincing, and make you believe they're right.

But just to add, they're usually wrong. Mostly they'll resort to their hateful speech if you're actually good at the game you're playing. Jealousy at its finest.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: deadgirlahsatan, Deleted member 19276, WitheringAway and 1 other person
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Jun 23, 2020
Aww, I'm sorry. It's horrible others have been able to do that to you.

If it's bothering you that much maybe communicating through text would be the solution for now, at least until the bullies stop or calm down.

I hope you don't let others dictate if you enjoy your game or not. But bullies are convincing, and make you believe they're right.

But just to add, they're usually wrong. Mostly they'll resort to their hateful speech if you're actually good at the game you're playing. Jealousy at its finest.

Thank you for that!!! :D

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
I'm not really much of a gamer, but correct me if I'm wrong--don't women who game just get shit on account of basically anything? Maybe this has changed, but after reading through here and seeing that you don't think your voice sounds weird in itself or anything, I can't help but wonder if what you're experiencing is just the result of gaming culture.

On a flip note, maybe you have a crappy gaming mic?

• Love
Reactions: deadgirlahsatan and Isadeth
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Honestly, those games, one reason I never go online there with a full working mic is because of things like that.
It's a pure nightmare how some gamers treat other gamers in online games. Half of the time when they are not too busy "making fun of my mother", it's gonna be something else like Noob this and You Suck that. :/ Kids these days can be the worst.
I am sure you have a great voice, it's just that the people that are supposed to be supportive there are a pure nightmare to deal with. :/

You should report them from your game if possible, for them harassing you.
Thank you for sharing with us though. We should get a voice sample thread going so we know the truth.
*Vorty ends up with the worst voice in said thread* Joking aside... Don't feel ashamed of who you are. Don't let them dictate how you feel towards yourself. I am more than certain your voice is good.

• Love
Reactions: WitheringAway, deadgirlahsatan and Isadeth
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Same, anyone would want to die listening to me speak every day and I'm stuck with it

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway, deadgirlahsatan, Skathon and 3 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I have a horrible underdeveloped hoarse voice from not speaking. I am male but my voice is not very deep and not clear at all and I can't speak very loudly. I sound like a 12 year old still and I'm 27 now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WitheringAway, deadgirlahsatan, ERASED and 3 others
ArtySchopenhauer

ArtySchopenhauer

Jun 25, 2020
Can relate; my voice sounds terrible. Besides that, I stammer, stutter and lisp pretty badly. Most people find it hard to understand what I'm saying, and I have terrible social anxiety. So yeah lol. Know what's it like, my dude.

Reactions: die2live and Deleted member 19276
strawberryfield

strawberryfield

Jul 10, 2020
it's so irritating when people comment on other people's voices, like we're here to play n have fun, not be judged. i hope you're okay though :(

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Deleted member 19276 and TotallyIsolated
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
Me too. But we don't choose it.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Deleted member 19276