N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
Long story short, I have a boyfriend who has been nothing but supportive and kind even while I warned him of what a horrible piece of shit I am. Tonight he made a joke about cheating on me with / leaving me for someone identical to me but with more knowledge on a topic he enjoys. I blew up and said a bunch of horrible shit. I apologized but I thought he was guilt tripping me because a lot of it felt too familiar which is the only reason I blew up anyway, being abandoned for not being enough is too familiar, but on the off-chance that he's not, I just bitched out a kind loving guy over my own irrational insecurities and paranoia.

I wanna die. I knew I would fuck it up, I just didn't expect it to be so soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: snowcloud9, アホペンギン, FailureToAll and 2 others
F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hi, I think that if you make a joke, especially if it is a bad one, you should be willing to take a slap and take it like a man. He should apologize to you and have a little more sensitivity.
So, please don't put all the blame on yourself.

Reactions: Inthewind
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
He did apologize but, he was hurt by some of the things I said. He said they didn't sound like trauma or something one says while upset, he thinks they're "genuine", that I really meant them and have been thinking these things about him for a while. He thinks that I think that he's some sort of monster, but I know it's me, it always is. I told him I was a piece of shit, and now he knows firsthand how true that is. He said I didn't deserve any of the shit I've been through. I wonder if he still thinks that.

aiki__0

aiki__0

Sep 18, 2023
Idk.. that's kind of a messed up joke to make regardless

Reactions: F&Inside
R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
Hi OP! Sorry I cannot figure out how to type your name. Something to try to remember "hurt feelings do not always go away after apology".

*Required lecture over. :hihi:

Look, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he is young and he still has air bubbles in his brain. STILL ^^ There is never ever never ever a reason to say what he said. Did he apologize? There are things you can joke about in relationships and things you just don't. One is you just don't make jokes about infidelity because that is what a relationship is all about. Trust is the glue well sort of that holds a relationship together. A relationship should be a safe space where you can be you without condemnation. A relationship should just be a safe space.

Everybody is sanative about somethings more than others and he need to learn that and stay away from those topics. Doing that is called respect. He needs to learn to have respect to you limits.

There is a once very popular lingerie store called Victoria's Secret. If your boyfriend came over for the weekend if you are over 18 and you had been bust playing video games instead of cleaning up for him and you had dirty underwear every he could say- Geez OP your apartment looks like a Victoria's Secret store when it closes after a Black Friday sale.

Do you see the difference. What he said was designed to hurt your feelings and that is never right. My example was designed to hurt your cleaning habits.

Do you see the difference?

It all comes with relationship experience. If a girl friend said to me what he said to you, I would say, "Fine then go fu king be with her". get up and walk away. Don't scream and howl just get up and walk off and let him come running after you apologizing.

There are limits to speech. For example, my wife is kind of bossy even though she means well. Her father was a mean tyrant. One day I said "You are just like your father. You try to run minute details of everyone's life". She screamed back, "I am nothing like my father and don't ever say that again". It went past her limits. So the next time I got irritated and her I said, "You are bossy like that cow MOO MOO MOOOOOOOOOO!" There was a famous cow on Bordon food commercials that had a talking cow cartoon character that always told you to buy that product.

Just remember next time instead of blowing up at him, stay calm and say- "You know I am sensitive about trust issues Please do not make jokes about that". A soft voice turns away wrath, my mom used to say. But back to example- he learns your limit, he learns he must respect your limits,

It is easier said than done. In time you both will get over it. Hopefully. I hope this helps and made you feel better.
Tell him Look we have a lot to learn about relationships and each other. Tell him we both need to learn to be careful because in the end all we really have is each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inthewind