AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
I recently stumbled across a YouTube channel called "I Can't Sleep". It's basically a really obscure catalogue of early 2000's emo style hand drawn horror animations, but it touches on subjects that I think most of people on SS can relate to. They all feature the same character, usually depicted in some sort of awful situation involving gore, nightmares, hallucinations, humiliation, sexual assault, abuse, neglect, loneliness, paranoia, suicide, and pretty much any other trauma inducing circumstance that you could imagine.

The animations are really well done, and the sound design is effectively minimalistic. The videos are very short, and very ambiguous despite seeming to have at least one intended meaning behind them. The artist is completely anonymous, and I hope it stays that way for as long as they want it to.

I'm honestly obsessed with this channel, and I revisit it at least once a day. It makes me feel like somebody understands what I've been through and how I feel. It makes me realize that it is possible to convey my experiences and feelings in a way that people will understand. Ultimately, it makes me feel like I'm not alone in being as fucked up as I am, and my heart breaks at the thought of the creator not being able to take the same feeling from their own art.

https://youtube.com/@Nosleep666?si=KxCxOUdBw1FjV3bH

• Love
Reactions: fwompie, Grav, Jealous Blackheart and 1 other person
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
...it makes me feel like I'm not alone in being as fucked up as I am...
You've managed to put into words why I enjoy horror more accurately than anyone else has. Thanks for recommending the good stuff, it's insanely weird.

• Love
Reactions: AntHills and Jealous Blackheart
AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
You've managed to put into words why I enjoy horror more accurately than anyone else has. Thanks for recommending the good stuff, it's insanely weird.
You welcome 💜

Also I've read a few of your posts, and I'd just like to point out; you're something of a pretty cunning linguist yourself.

• Love
Reactions: The Burning Fool
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
There is something very nostalgic in those videos for me. Despite being new to me they feel so familiar. Thank you for sharing it.

• Love
Reactions: AntHills
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
You welcome 💜

Also I've read a few of your posts, and I'd just like to point out; you're something of a pretty cunning linguist yourself.
Best compliment I've ever got. <3 Thank you so much!

• Love
Reactions: AntHills
AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
There is something very nostalgic in those videos for me. Despite being new to me they feel so familiar. Thank you for sharing it.
You welcome 💜

I got the same feeling when I found it, and apparently so did a lot of people if you read through the comments on their videos, so I imagine the art style is probably inspired by some obscure TV show(s) or movie(s) that we all watched when we were kids.

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart