• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Hi,
I don't know if I should post in this forum. But I just wanted to share a positive experience. I found that cooling my head can migtate or even make anhedonia disappear for a period of time so I can enjoy things temporarily. Whenever it comes again, I repeat the process.
From my testing, it worked consistently very well but the downside is doing it routinely and whenever you need it alongside being well hydrated.

I analyzed myself for years and did expirements but never thought of this as a solution until recently. And it worked well. So happy that I can enjoy something instead of being in a shitty state in a shitty life.

• Hugs
Reactions: nebula, k75, gingerplum and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Like... literally? Can you please elaborate?

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and gingerplum
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Like... literally? Can you please elaborate?

Just cooling parts of body (head and Scalp most importantly). I just put cold water or cold air. It needs to be done much though (like each hour or whenever one feels the need to).

Reactions: k75, gingerplum and Rachel74
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
Cold showers are supposed to a lot better for you than warm showers, for a variety of reasons.

Reactions: Final Escape
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Interesting. I'll experiment with body chilling and its effects on my state.

edit: I just realized I can do this experiment on weekends only. Would it still be a valid experiment?

Last edited:
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Interesting. I'll experiment with body chilling and its effects on my state.

edit: I just realized I can do this experiment on weekends only. Would it still be a valid experiment?

Yes you can expirement little at the beginning. But the more time spent cooling, the better effect one gets

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Hah. My water heater just broke. Convenient way to have to test that theory.

I'm glad you found something for a little relief. Anhedonia is a huge, huge issue for me right now. Sucks the life right out, doesn't it?

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
Interesting. Cold reduces inflammation. I wonder if anhedonia is related to brain inflammation. There are cooling helmets on the market. I think people use them for headaches/migraines etc. Anhedonia btw can be a symptom of Lyme Disease which almost always affects the brain and mental health to some degree.

Reactions: Stan
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Hi,
I don't know if I should post in this forum. But I just wanted to share a positive experience. I found that cooling my head can migtate or even make anhedonia disappear for a period of time so I can enjoy things temporarily. Whenever it comes again, I repeat the process.
From my testing, it worked consistently very well but the downside is doing it routinely and whenever you need it alongside being well hydrated.

I analyzed myself for years and did expirements but never thought of this as a solution until recently. And it worked well. So happy that I can enjoy something instead of being in a shitty state in a shitty life.
Due to the warm weather I do cool my head by using water several times the day. I could say I feel better. I did this before I red your opinion. It could work. I don't know.