L

LibertyLily

Jul 30, 2022
The source of all of my suffering is uncertainty and the anxiety I feel about it.

I have aspirations but I'm scared.

Uncertainty about whether I have what it takes to achieve them.

Amxiety from my family telling me how I should live my life and wanting to prove them wrong and pursue my dreams.

I am scared of being wrong. I am scared of making bad decisions.

I have no one in my life close to me that I feel I can relate to, I am so lonely in this world. And the only thing that gives my life purpose is to impove my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bardo, Wasabi, flyingtopluto and 7 others
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
I feel you. What i did was accept even the worse outcome, and remembering to "follow my path". This helps because it makes you less stagnant

• Hugs
Reactions: LibertyLily
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I feel much the same way. In recent weeks, I have found myself increasingly anxious about my future. I put off peculation about it for so long, and now all that procrastination is catching up to me.

Everybody handles uncertainty differently, and I hold no illusions that many (if not most) people handle uncertainty better than I do, but it's really one of those things about life that just sucks no matter how you slice and dice it.

• Hugs
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
No joke. What i said isn't a magical pill, i tried to do that even when i was a teenager, but i only managed to get past anxiety this year. It's all subjective, but i just wanted to say that it's possible. Well, past year

L

LibertyLily

Jul 30, 2022
No joke. What i said isn't a magical pill, i tried to do that even when i was a teenager, but i only managed to get past anxiety this year. It's all subjective, but i just wanted to say that it's possible. Well, past year
I agree.

I get into an intense argument with my parents when I feel belittled and then I realise that without my dependence on them I'm basically on the streets and before I know it I'm backing down or deescalating the situation.

T

tiredone

Tired one
Dec 12, 2022
Anxiety. Fear of failure. Fear of messing anything i touch, and getting in bigger trouble than already am in. That is one of layers. But its something stopping me from living. Just existing. I feel i would want to try and change something in life but scared how bad outcome its going to have. Cant see any possible good outcome. Unceranity as you said. Horrible block.

• Hugs
Reactions: donealready and LibertyLily
L

LibertyLily

Jul 30, 2022
I feel much the same way. In recent weeks, I have found myself increasingly anxious about my future. I put off peculation about it for so long, and now all that procrastination is catching up to me.

Everybody handles uncertainty differently, and I hold no illusions that many (if not most) people handle uncertainty better than I do, but it's really one of those things about life that just sucks no matter how you slice and dice it.
I feel like I know what I have to do if I want things to get better but it feels like it's not enough and constant doubt.

I have to jump over hurdles of anxiety and stress to achieve anything and I know I can't be like that if I want to get anywhere but it feels like there's little I can do about it.

It seems like life is just trying to fit in with everybody even when it's not convenient and it feels sometimes like my feelings or ego can't take it.
Anxiety. Fear of failure. Fear of messing anything i touch, and getting in bigger trouble than already am in. That is one of layers. But its something stopping me from living. Just existing. I feel i would want to try and change something in life but scared how bad outcome its going to have. Cant see any possible good outcome. Unceranity as you said. Horrible block.
I wish I knew the solution. People say that if you do more of the activity then you get less anxious but fpr me that never works. I can talk to as many people or make as many phone calls as I like, I'm still going to feel intense adrenaline leading up to it.

And I can totally relate to that feeling that things could blow up if you touch them. I will usually never have full control over what happens and all I can do is accept uncertainty. I know this is the case with everyone but the problem is that I seem to have creative ways of thinking about what could go wrong.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Celerity
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
I have aspirations but I'm scared.

Uncertainty about whether I have what it takes to achieve them.
I am scared of being wrong. I am scared of making bad decisions.
ultimately nobody got anywhere meaningful in life without encountering mistakes and bad decisions. see these things as necessary stones in the path toward acheving whatever your goal is. it's possible that your highest goal won't be reached, but what your 'highest goal' is can change with time. best of luck, hopefully you continue with recovery. if you do not continue with recovery i won't blame you for that, but still i hope as many people recover as possible/as want to.

Monkeyman

Monkeyman

Dec 27, 2022
Very relatable. I also find myself getting very nervous over uncertainty, even in small things like not being sure if a package will arrive when scheduled. When it extends to more "serious" matters like doubting one's own future, it's such a big source of anxiety...

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
As someone with a severe anxiety disorder, my mind is flooded with uncertainties and it's hell. I'm pretty much almost never calm and constantly on the verge of breaking down. I feel there is always some terrible event about to happen that I just don't know about yet.

• Love
Reactions: ikadasui