resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022

There's a guy in a discord server I'm in that posts a message like this in the main chat EVERY SINGLE DAY. I don't mind people having a positive attitude but this shit is cringe af as far as I'm concerned and assumes way too much of everyone.

Etc, etc, you get the point. Maybe I'm just a miserable cunt complaining about this. I don't care. This stuff just annoys me. It's utterly moronic.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidе, Rogue Proxy, ireallylikemangoes and 6 others
Amakishiyo

Amakishiyo

Despite everything, it's still you
Mar 5, 2023
Toxic positivity can drag people down, this is way too much, I'd agree that it's very cringe.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Hollowman and resolutory
card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
It just feels very disingenuous. I don't mind when people spread a positive message, but when it comes in large quantities like this it sort of loses its meaning for me. I'm sure there are some people out there who find this stuff helpful, but yeah I'm not into it.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, NumbItAll, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
redbathingduck

redbathingduck

Student
Mar 20, 2023
Could be that he's genuinely trying to be positive but it's definitely overkill. Don't know the context of the server but kinda seems like virtue signalling. Don't think this is very helpful in any way at least

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, kernel_panic, resolutory and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I cannot stand toxic positivity like that, it just comes across as so insensitive and it's just so dismissive of other people's suffering. When it's that bad it's hard to take it seriously, that person just sounds like they are trolling rather than being genuine.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Chemical Animal and resolutory
T

Twoped538

Mar 24, 2023
I cannot stand toxic positivity like that, it just comes across as so insensitive and it's just so dismissive of other people's suffering. When it's that bad it's hard to take it seriously, that person just sounds like they are trolling rather than being genuine.
Either trolling or in denial.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
it is not necessarily toxic positivity. Actually, focusing on gratitude reasons and on positives DOES help turning one's life around. I am into this kind of spirituality too. BUT. Some people's lives are that screwed up, that it is almost impossible to feel good or think good thoughts when reality grabbed you by the tail. It is not that easy to "think of the positives" when you're deep neck in shit. CBT feels like a closer option when you are down in the pit. And both sides and choices are perfectly valid.

Reactions: rationaltake
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Super-Pusheenicorn-comic.gif

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, rationaltake, Mirrory Me and 5 others
Mimi_

Mimi_

I only deserve to suffer
Mar 10, 2023
I... used to write messages like that to a friend đź’€ No wonder why he was finding me annoying lol

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, epic, WorthlessTrash and 1 other person
MoonlitNight

MoonlitNight

bad at putting emotions into words
Feb 14, 2023
View attachment 107319

There's a guy in a discord server I'm in that posts a message like this in the main chat EVERY SINGLE DAY. I don't mind people having a positive attitude but this shit is cringe af as far as I'm concerned and assumes way too much of everyone.

View attachment 107320

Etc, etc, you get the point. Maybe I'm just a miserable cunt complaining about this. I don't care. This stuff just annoys me. It's utterly moronic.
It's for the people who are struggling. I do find it kind of cringe but I wouldn't stop the person if they wanted to do this, it has helped people including me in hard times before.

I think it crosses the line of toxic positivity when they tell people not to feel certain negative feelings when their situation is bad only to say stuff like that.

Reactions: Ultracheese and Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
He's probably saying those things for the other people in that discord server who actually believe what he's saying. As long as they believe it, then they'll find it encouraging and beneficial. Having those kinds of messages shoved in my face, on the other hand, will probably make me gag.

@Pluto's inspiring message is one I can get behind. Eating a cookie in space and getting to sleep IS my full potential, and I will always strive to reach it when I can.

• Love
Reactions: Ultracheese and Pluto
Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
I hate unnecessary positivity, there's just something about it that awakening the rage and annoyance inside of me

I get it, I understand why they do it,
i like it when people share positivity when they do it to actually help someone who think they might need it, I don't mind that, because I do like to get positivity only whenever I feel like I need it

but I really hate it when people just shove it out of nowhere when nobody even ask for it, or when nobody is even feeling down, it is almost like they do it not just for the sake of helping other but they do it for something more, like, they do it to signal what a "great guy/hero" they are

ireallylikemangoes

ireallylikemangoes

Ultimately delicious!
Mar 31, 2023
Personally, i do not have an opinion on this, i feel nothing about it. In an objective view, i feel this person probably had good intentions in trying to spread positivity, i will not comment on the effectiveness of this as some may find it to be motivation to keep going with their day and some might not find it to be helpful at all and these messages may even annoy them. These kind of messages are not everyone's cup of tea, especially if one is constantly in a state of depression and negativity in general, like a millionaire telling a homeless person about life.

• Informative
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Let's make this wendsday the best.

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake, WorthlessTrash, redbathingduck and 1 other person
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
This kind of positivity is so widespread in a corporate environment. When people talk or write shit like this my facial expression is just like

I mean I guess people who are in a better situation in life can benefit from this kind of talk. But I'm just in such a shitty situation in life with no hope of recovery or children. I don't understand why can't I just be euthanized.

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, epic and resolutory
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
theres a level of smugness to it too. like why should i listen to this person? what qualifications do they have to be making these grand sweeping statements about the universe and why should i believe them any more or less than i would believe someone saying the opposite?

tldr fuck off and die.

Actovania

Actovania

the same
Mar 30, 2023
God it sounds so fucking fake too. There's no need to say anything more than "have a good day" or smth

Reactions: resolutory and WorthlessTrash