Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I've finally a date to die on.

I want this to be sooner rather than later so around 7th - 15th February sounds good. If I'm not gone by then you'll see me on this site anyway. Method will be tourniquet and I'm dead set on it and will be happy to be secured on this now. The date is not very particular but I have some obligations around that time I'm not interested in persuing and witnessing anymore because it will be uncomfortable.

The beginning of this year or end of last year was originally intended to be my death date but it changed because the new year season tends me very messy and people are very alerted to what you do. It wasn't a good idea at all but this time I'm no longer impulsively going through with this. The last things I'm focusing on right now is finishing to paint a canvas I'm working on and watching a show to it's end. Maybe start a new one too if I have the time left.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: a.fool, http-410, Praestat_Mori and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best of luck in your plans.

• Love
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I've just seen your post. (What's up with February 2024 in my life lmao?)

Would you like to be remembered in a particular fashion by those who stay?

Are you going to digitise your painting?

Either way, I hope you're successful in everything you put your mind to!

• Love
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Wish you all the best in your plans. Hope you can find the peace you are searching for ❤️
Would love to see your art

• Love
N

newintown

Burn the earth, leave it behind
Oct 7, 2023
I wish you all the best too, and I hope you can find the peace you seek

• Love
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I wish you all the best with your plan. May you find peace and the strength you need to proceed with your chosen method but be sure we're here for you if u change your mind or cannot do it. Good luck!!

• Love
  • Hugs
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I've just seen your post. (What's up with February 2024 in my life lmao?)

Would you like to be remembered in a particular fashion by those who stay?

Are you going to digitise your painting?

Either way, I hope you're successful in everything you put your mind to!
I may wanna put my painting when I'm finished on here yeah. But it's kinda messy and I made better art on a canvas before.

How I want to be remebered? As a person who lived and then died. Not in a particular way but as someone who stayed here and spoke their mind on the subject of life and death. If I could make the life of others on here more fun I'm happy I did and if not then it's okay I'll be gone soon.
Wish you all the best in your plans. Hope you can find the peace you are searching for ❤️
Would love to see your art
Thank you for the kind words. I will show my art soon enough.
I wish you all the best with your plan. May you find peace and the strength you need to proceed with your chosen method but be sure we're here for you if u change your mind or cannot do it. Good luck!!
Thank you too for the kind words.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rozeske, Adûnâi and Praestat_Mori
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
IMG 2302

The finished canvas. It is a little messy though.

Context to this painting:

It depicts a famous scene from one of the Battles of Kawanakajima where Uesugi Kenshin (the guy with the white hood on horseback) attempted to slay his nemesis Takeda Shingen (the guy in red surrounded by tents) by intruding into Shingen's camp while nobody was watching.

They were both Japanese warlords who lived during a tumultuous time of constant civil war known as the the "sengoku jidai" and they are very famous for being rivals. Their battles were as legendary as the two warlords themselves.

However it turns out this entire epic scene is largely a fabrication by popular authors who fictionalized the historical events in later times. This even includes a lot of the armor and helmets people often attribute to Kenshin and Shingen. Their legacy lives on in films, video games, plays, books or manga and anime.

Shingen died in 1573 of unknown cause, probably a disease. Kenshin died in 1578 perhaps because of his excessive alcoholism. There are some strange theories associated with them like it's speculated that Kenshin might have been female or possibly homosexual.

• Love
Reactions: Ninja_Master, rozeske and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
The Japanese style does resemble European feudal art, before the perspective.

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
The Japanese style does resemble European feudal art, before the perspective.
I based it originally on ukiyo-e representions of the battle but I imagine it looks slightly European because it was created by a European person.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
Good Luck. I'm also planning to leave in Feb

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Tokugawa_Yoshinobu