A

aquasaltstripes

Jul 2, 2023
After months of on and off half-hearted attempts/searches, I finally found them! And it was so much easier than I thought.

It may vary from person to person, but finding the arteries with my fingers just didn't/doesn't work for me — at best, all I get I is the head-exploding feeling everyone talks about.

Basically, what I did to actually find them this time was take my nylon rope and wrap it around just right below my adam's Apple, so that I'm holding the two ends of the rope at the back of my neck. Then, I pulled really tight, and within seconds my vision started to blacken and I started to get light-headed. I released the rope, and there was a dizzy tingling sensation throughout my brain and my body, ending at my hands. This is what all the posts and the mega thread were talking about.

It's strange and comforting to know I have this power with me for real, sort of, now. Of course, executing (no pun intended) the plan at a future day and still deciding whether life is worth living or not and all the dithering — all that stuff is a whole problem or level of it's own. But again, it's comforting to know my body in this way.

• Love
Reactions: Orbitc, achb, ixkitty and 7 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Congratulations, I felt a similar sense of relief? Joy? Shock? when I found my carotid arteries. When you find them it just seems so easy, like they were there the whole time and I'm the idiot for not finding them sooner.

Do you find yourself hesitating to test the area again? I know I want to ctb via night night, but I have gained this almost instinctual fear of testing my arteries.

Reactions: Orbitc
A

aquasaltstripes

Jul 2, 2023
Congratulations, I felt a similar sense of relief? Joy? Shock? when I found my carotid arteries. When you find them it just seems so easy, like they were there the whole time and I'm the idiot for not finding them sooner.

Do you find yourself hesitating to test the area again? I know I want to ctb via night night, but I have gained this almost instinctual fear of testing my arteries.
I tested the area two times actually. First, I was kind of rushed because my parents (with whom I still unfortunately live) were having an argument in the living room and I was scared they were going to barge in at any moment. So, I went into the bathroom to test the area again, and I succeeded once more. I didn't feel any hesitation both times — doing it with the rope felt a lot more assuring than my puny bony unsuccessful fingers. I lowkey wanna do it again though. Not just to practice but the feeling is just kind of pleasant. Though I guess one reason that might be giving me pause is just the fear of fainting while practicing and then my parents or siblings walking in and discovering me with a noose and in that position, which would probably be a not very good thing haha xD

I actually bought cornholes and the ratchet strap (I think you call it) a few months back for the night night method too. Dunno which one I'm gonna go with — doorknob hanging with the nylon or night night. Is there a reason in particular you wanna go with night night, as opposed to something like the doorknob or closet bar hanging?

• Love
Reactions: sukuna and Orbitc
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Is there a reason in particular you wanna go with night night, as opposed to something like the doorknob or closet bar hanging?
Yes, but it's not a great reason lol

Night night has a very low success rate on the forum despite being one of the most common megathreads. I want to succeed and create a thread explaining in detail how I was able to do it as thanks to the community. Obviously not in that order lol

Reactions: Orbitc
A

aquasaltstripes

Jul 2, 2023
Yes, but it's not a great reason lol

Night night has a very low success rate on the forum despite being one of the most common megathreads. I want to succeed and create a thread explaining in detail how I was able to do it as thanks to the community. Obviously not in that order lol
I don't think that's a dumb reason hahah! It's specifically how I haven't read much success about the night night that I don't think I'll be going with it. I wish you the best of luck though. It's cool how you want to thank the community in that way. I dunno how I'd thank this community, but I'm sure as hell thankful for it. These are probably the most empathetic interactions I and perhaps most people will ever have <3

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you'd feel comforted, I wish you the best of luck.

• Love
Reactions: aquasaltstripes
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
I envy you kindly... Tell me, please, how tight did you tighten the rope? I mean, do you have an obvious mark on your neck?
And did you feel like you were suffocating or was there no suffocation?
Also tell me, did you put socks on your neck or something else?
As far as I understand, you had to squeeze your throat too? So you squeezed not only the arteries, but also the throat?

• Love
Reactions: aquasaltstripes
A

aquasaltstripes

Jul 2, 2023
I envy you kindly... Tell me, please, how tight did you tighten the rope? I mean, do you have an obvious mark on your neck?
And did you feel like you were suffocating or was there no suffocation?
Also tell me, did you put socks on your neck or something else?
As far as I understand, you had to squeeze your throat too? So you squeezed not only the arteries, but also the throat?
Oh yeah, of course! Alright, so there are no marks on my neck whatsoever. I could still breathe while I had the noose tightened and as I was fainting and getting the blackening vision and dizziness symptoms. I didn't have to pull that hard to be honest, as I could still breathe and it never felt like I was snapping or cutting into my neck with the rope. I did not put any socks or anything on my neck. And as far as I understand, you don't have to squeeze your throat. It's the arteries we're going after to stop blood flow to the brain, which is what causes the fainting. And when that compression is held for 15-20 minutes, death finally occurs, according to the hanging mega thread: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/

• Love
Reactions: Justnotme
idonothing

idonothing

Dec 13, 2023
What kind of nylon rope do you have? Would you perhaps be able to link to it somewhere to order something similar to yours online? I have been internally debating what kind of rope I should get a lot and I'd like something that's been tested to work.

StaringIntoAnAbyss

StaringIntoAnAbyss

Is it all just a quantum dream ?
Aug 23, 2023
After months of on and off half-hearted attempts/searches, I finally found them! And it was so much easier than I thought.

It may vary from person to person, but finding the arteries with my fingers just didn't/doesn't work for me — at best, all I get I is the head-exploding feeling everyone talks about.

Basically, what I did to actually find them this time was take my nylon rope and wrap it around just right below my adam's Apple, so that I'm holding the two ends of the rope at the back of my neck. Then, I pulled really tight, and within seconds my vision started to blacken and I started to get light-headed. I released the rope, and there was a dizzy tingling sensation throughout my brain and my body, ending at my hands. This is what all the posts and the mega thread were talking about.

It's strange and comforting to know I have this power with me for real, sort of, now. Of course, executing (no pun intended) the plan at a future day and still deciding whether life is worth living or not and all the dithering — all that stuff is a whole problem or level of it's own. But again, it's comforting to know my body in this way.
Congrats 🙂
I have a question as well, if you would have yourselves and do it under your Adam's apple and you go out will the rope not slip up above the Addams apple ?
I personally tried many times without getting it right (above the Addams apple and with socks as pressure points) do you have any tips perhaps ?

A

aquasaltstripes

Jul 2, 2023
What kind of nylon rope do you have? Would you perhaps be able to link to it somewhere to order something similar to yours online? I have been internally debating what kind of rope I should get a lot and I'd like something that's been tested to work.
Oh yeah of course! I used this one: Amazon product ASIN B0924PK159
Great quality, and it comes with a compact black bag sack sort of thingy to store it in too!

A

aquasaltstripes

Jul 2, 2023
Congrats 🙂
I have a question as well, if you would have yourselves and do it under your Adam's apple and you go out will the rope not slip up above the Addams apple ?
I personally tried many times without getting it right (above the Addams apple and with socks as pressure points) do you have any tips perhaps ?
Hmmm. I don't really have tips, but I guess it's to wrap as much of the front half of your neck as possible. Personally, when I just pressed on the area near my Adam's apple with my fingers, it didn't do anything, but when I used the rope and got all that extra surface area, I started getting results, if that makes any sense. I'm not exactly sure, but as far as I understand I think it's okay if it slips above the adam's apple because it's still compressing the arteries. If you look at photos of suicide hangings you can see that the rope and the indent it makes on the bodies is like above the Adam's Apples, the rope all the way up to the chin. I'm not an expert on this stuff though by any means, I just got lucky I suppose, so please take all I say with a grain of salt xD

Reactions: Justnotme