Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
I'm really not prepared for the worst of my depressive symptoms to come back. What I'm on causes the shakes and a bit of weakness, it messes with my blood pressure as well so that's fun. I feel ok, I feel at least slightly motivated for the first time and although my sleep is fucked up I can still function.

My therapist and my psychiatrist would discourage this but I feel (dare I say) "good". I know I can't stop cold turkey like I did before so I can just ask for a reduced dose. I'm rambling, I know but my hands are unsteady as I write this this and I know the cause. I just want steady knees and hands again.

Reactions: dayofcaveman
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
The reduced dosage may be a good plan as an experiment.Some medications take a while to stabilize. If the side effect symptoms don't diminish, you might try skipping a dose now and then to see if that helps.

Reactions: Housefly
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
what med is it? I am not very motivated so pls recommend…

FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023
I'm sure you know this but a lot of side effects for anti depressants settle down after your body gets used to it within the first 1-2 months. What medication are you on if you don't mind me asking?

Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
what med is it? I am not very motivated so pls recommend…
I'm sure you know this but a lot of side effects for anti depressants settle down after your body gets used to it within the first 1-2 months. What medication are you on if you don't mind me asking?
I'm on 600mg lithium and 100 zoloft I think. Also clonazepam for calming me down if I do feel restless and disturbed. I'm on my second month, my therapist warned me that I could still relapse on this stuff but for right now I feel ok. 50x better than before it's actually stunning.

Reactions: Inthewind and Freyja13
D

dayofcaveman

Jun 19, 2023
Well if you feel ready to come off meds I hope you are on a better path now. Everything starts off difficult cause some horizon lines you can only travel to alone and life prepares us
Well if you feel ready to come off meds I hope you are on a better path now. Everything starts off difficult cause some horizon lines you can only travel to alone and life prepares us

Cheesecake

Cheesecake

҉ Walmart ҉
Aug 28, 2020
not to ruin the party but you feel "good" because of the meds. u can ask them for a reduced dose but if youre just now feeling better im not so sure thats a good idea, i feel like theydve offered that first if it were possible

Reactions: lonelywander, azhagaar and LittleJem
Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
not to ruin the party but you feel "good" because of the meds. u can ask them for a reduced dose but if youre just now feeling better im not so sure thats a good idea, i feel like theydve offered that first if it were possible
Sigh you might be right. I guess I was being hopeful maybe.

Last edited:
Cheesecake

Cheesecake

҉ Walmart ҉
Aug 28, 2020
it never hurts to ask, and if ur feeling side effects let them know in case u can swap to an alternative! (just make sure ur insurance covers it)

Reactions: Montana-Rain and Freyja13
S

salvia

Jul 17, 2023
I don't know your situation so take this with a grain of salt. But I found that I have a toxic cycle of taking my meds until I feel better, not realizing I feel better because of the meds, thinking I'm good, stopping the meds, and then doing it all over again. Maybe you should discuss changing the medication rather than raw dogging mental Illness

Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
I don't know your situation so take this with a grain of salt. But I found that I have a toxic cycle of taking my meds until I feel better, not realizing I feel better because of the meds, thinking I'm good, stopping the meds, and then doing it all over again. Maybe you should discuss changing the medication rather than raw dogging mental Illness
I'm done with raw dogging it, that shit is somehow worse than drinking bleach (which I did). I'm going to stay on my stuff until my next appointment and talk to my doc. I guess I was on a high whole writing that.

Reactions: Freyja13
L

lonelywander

Jul 15, 2023
I'm done with raw dogging it, that shit is somehow worse than drinking bleach (which I did). I'm going to stay on my stuff until my next appointment and talk to my doc. I guess I was on a high whole writing that.
Don't feel bad for wanting to get off your meds, especially if you're having side effects. I think all of us would prefer not having to be on meds. Before I went on meds I thought about suicide every day. I scratched my head so much my hair would fall out in patches. Meds helped, however, two of the meds I took made me so ravenous I gained 200lbs. Every time I ran out of meds, I ended up in a mental ward.
Sorry you're in this predicament. I suspect meds are made so that once you're on you can't get off.
Maybe you can switch? Lithium is an old medication. Hopefully better meds are out there now.

Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
it never hurts to ask, and if ur feeling side effects let them know in case u can swap to an alternative! (just make sure ur insurance covers it)
Luckily for me I'm covered with universal for meds and doc visits so I'm all good there it's just that I'm doing so well on it I don't want to go back to severely depressed housefly

Inthewind

Inthewind

Wondering Waevern
Sep 19, 2023
goodluck on this plan your trying with medicine reduction, I believe in you man.

M

Montana-Rain

Sep 22, 2023
I am not a a medical provider by any means but there are medications that can help with side effects to reduce tremors, tics and such, that might be worth asking your medical provider about, especially if you feel the medications are improving things. Good luck with speaking to your provider and the plan.

Reactions: seekingrelease22