S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
my grandparents and their children grew up in a war-torn country and had it far worst than me. they experienced poverty and concentration camps. my mom and her sisters had to sell empty cans for a living/education. yet here i am, defeated by life while living in a better country. i feel ashamed/guilty for wanting to die when my life is objectively better than theirs. my life is what they would dream of. but i cant imagine continuing to live when my mind is failing me.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain, Kit1, Sannti and 8 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It sucks to have certain innate privileges but have a life where you were unable to take maximum advantage of it. But if recognizing those privileges doesn't truly motivate you to want to live, then it's irrelevant what other people's lives look like. We judge primarily by our milieu anyways. There are many people who live in poor countries who don't feel this way and in that sense they could be considered fortunate compared to you.

• Love
Reactions: Kit1 and sad_rock
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i've explained this before, but it doesn't matter how many good things we have in our lives. sometimes our mental pain is just too much and that's okay, it's not your fault. think of it like this, everyone wants peace. your family worked hard so they could have their own peace instead of constantly suffering. this is your way of finding your peace, everyone had different ways, and sometimes a lifestyle change wont always fix the issue, especially if it wasn't caused by situation specifically. your parents were poor, it was a bad situation. so they worked to change that lifestyle, to not be as poor to make it a good situation. that type of hard work may not help, because it's a different issue, a different problem, one that isn't even your fault.
while yes lifestyle changes can help some people with depression, it doesn't mean your less worthy or weaker than your family.
sending love <3

Ctb是你個人的選擇,不應該受到別人的影響。你是你,他們是他們。Ctb 沒有'應該做'或'不應該做',只要你願意就可以。只要記住每個人都是不同的,每個人都有自己的痛苦,CTB 是擺脫困境的一種方法,你不必為此感到內疚。
"Ctb is your personal choice and should not be influenced by others. You are you and they are them. There are no 'should's' or 'shouldn'ts' in Ctb, just do whatever you want. Just remember that everyone is different, everyone has their own pain, and CTB is a way to get out of it and you don't have to feel guilty about it."

google translate for anyone who's curious

• Love
john8964

john8964

Jul 9, 2023
Ctb是你個人的選擇,不應該受到別人的影響。你是你,他們是他們。Ctb 沒有'應該做'或'不應該做',只要你願意就可以。只要記住每個人都是不同的,每個人都有自己的痛苦,CTB 是擺脫困境的一種方法,你不必為此感到內疚。
你好,请问你是哪里人?我是大陆人,翻墙出来的哈哈

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's your decision after all, I personally see suicide as a human right rather than a privilege to be earned, I don't believe that anybody should be obligated to suffer in this existence that was imposed onto them in the first place.

• Love
ceriseange♡

ceriseange♡

ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ, ᴍᴏᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ʟᴀᴍʙ...
Nov 3, 2023
felt. my parents and their parents have struggled and worked for years so that I could have all the privileges that I have today and I'm barely surviving my own mind. you're not alone in this, I understand the guilt completely. like a lot of people have said though, in the end it's your decision and you're not them. you're your own person with your own struggles and they shouldn't be invalidated based off the experiences of others. your struggles are just as real as theirs.
genuinely wishing you the best :( <3

• Love