N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I can relate to them. When they crash they feel extreme shame and some are even traumatized because of that. I also did embarrassing stuff. A lot of people made fun of me. Not everyone of them was aware that I am mentally ill. Moreover it is hard to give a clear answer due to the fact that during the delusions you often think you was the center of the universe and that all the people would mock you.

During my paranoia I thought there was a plan or system that others bullied me. But it was vastly exaggerated. However there really were some people who made fun of me. I did some stupid shit like flirting with women during mania. It felt horrible afterwards. I am still really scared this could repeat but the thing that trauamtized me rather was the extreme psychosomaitic pain which I had after episodes.

But this thread was rather dedicated to people who got more attention. I was after my epsiodes full of extreme guilt and shame. But the good thing is I never saw these people again. I ghosted many people.

I rather think about people who are filmed and broadcasted on the internet. I sometimes read yellow press about I feel a little guilty about that fact. But i already read a lot of stories like "puzzled or delusional person walks naked through an airport or supermarket. Here let's watch the video. I mean WTF. I already despise myself when I make a fool out of myself in front of 20 people. But the whole world, millions of people make fun of you just because you are mentally ill. I assume a percentage even kills themselves because of the attention. But this is soemthing the media would never report about because they had to admit they were responsible for it.

I cannot imagine how it must feel lhat some of your delusions are kind of true. You not only think all people would laugh about you no thousands or millions of people really do that. In the past I followed some youtbers. (glady I quit most of them) some had videos where they laughed at delusional people. This is so despicable. And it was a trend on the internet. Not sure how common it is currently.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nolan96, katagiri83, Deadroom and 2 others
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
I hear you. I've done seriously stupid stuff that I could throw up thinking about. I can't imagine if it was all over youtube.

Reactions: Deadroom
H

Helmetrash

Sep 1, 2022
Must be horrible..I had a bi polar friend and she was always worried about the manic episodes

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Oh man. The embarrassment is excruciating. Thank god no one reads my fb because I only write there while manic and desperate for attention. For all I know there could be videos or audios of me out there. If so, I just hope I never find out. I remember this one young guy who was greatly traumatised by some fucking ignorant person/people filming him singing along to his headphones on the London Underground and posting it on the internet where it went viral. He did turn this around eventually by volunteering in schools to raise awareness about mental health and cyber bullying. As if having bipolar/other psychotic condition isn't bad enough?!? Those people laughing at him are the sick ones.

Reactions: BipolarExpress, Nolan96 and Ashu