M

M19R

Aug 12, 2024
Its my first time posting here and things arr pretty bad so im sorry if it's disorganized. I feel like ive lost all hope with no way out.

For everyone to understand i need to give a little background about me and the people i love. Im trans and extremely disabled, physically and mentally. I live in a household with multiple other adults that i am not related to or romantically involved with and we consider this a family. Found family situation and all that.

It used to be that i felt i had finally found my place and purpose in the world. Things have started to go terribly wrong though and it's just wrung me dry of all the hope and joy i had for the world.

I got a girlfriend, the first person i had ever really felt this way about for real, i wasn't certain I was capable of it before honestly she still might be the only exception to that.

In short succession my great grandma died amd my relationship ended. Then my roommate who had been driving the car i bought for me and my best friend in the world dur to some car troubles drove that car into the ground, she hasn't replaced it or taken responsibility, and everything she's said was a plan to make things better just hasnt happened. She's also the general manager at my job. Im able to work one day a week in extreme pain but it's better than having nothing, because im told by my lawyer that im unlikely to get disability for at least another two years. Even then it's about a 45% chance.

Now my job is at risk too, about a week ago my gm roommate told me that at some near point in the future she's going to have to fire me, essentially because im too useless to have around at work, listed one of the reasons as me being unable to get to work on my own, when i could if she didn't break the car.

So ive got this awful unfair sword of damocles over my head and then what do you know? One of my other roommates has been laid off. That puts us at 6 people, 4 cats, 3 incomes (includingmy shitty one), and one with dwindling savings, and the threat of mine going away too.

I cant even go out to get groceries anymore because of the transportation issues, but ive needed less of them anyway because i haven't really been able to eat from all the stress. I cant even talk about it to anyone about this irl so its just building up forever. I only get to sleep anymore by drugging myself up with weed and cough medicine and that emptiness is the thing i look forward to most in the world.

I dont know if there's any way things get better when they just keep getting worse like this. When do i call it? Ive been thinking about giving it until the day after my birthday, about a month now. One last nice day, and then then next im gone. I think itd be a nice way to leave everything i dont know, im open to help or feedback here i just dont see a way out of the spiral.
Will my family hate me if i do this? Do i have a choice?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare, landslide2, GuessWhosBack and 6 others
dreamcatcher90

dreamcatcher90

Aug 3, 2024
Hey dear,

What is your main worry? And why are you in pain? why they won't give you disability?

Are there any work-from-home jobs you could do?

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
M

M19R

Aug 12, 2024
Hey dear,

What is your main worry? And why are you in pain? why they won't give you disability?

Are there any work-from-home jobs you could do?
I guess my main worry is that more bad things are going to keep happening while im already too overwhelmed to even fix or process what's already here.

The pain is in my legs, i use a cane or a wheelchair most of the time but i cant at work. They wont give me disability because i dont have a diagnosis for why im hurting so much despite a lot of tests. Been trying for years to figure it out.

There's probably a work from home job somewhere that i could do but ive applied for hundreds, none of them want me. Not even if i falsify enough records to look twice as qualified.

• Hugs
dreamcatcher90

dreamcatcher90

Aug 3, 2024
It's understandable why you're overwhelmed.
Don't lose hope just yet. I would invest time in learning a skill so you can work from home. You're working only one day a week so there's plenty of time for that.

Don't panic, check out Coursera. Maybe you could learn development and work in IT?

Check LinkedIn for data input/content management jobs. Think of a career you could do comfortably from home. see junior positions, heck try to be even an intern so you get some experience.

And don't lose hope.. Even for people with experience is not easy, it takes lots of time and applications to land a job.

Try everything.. if nothing works out for you, you can ctb.

• Hugs
M

M19R

Aug 12, 2024
They all want so much i cant do though, i dony know how to do any of this if i csnt do things as simple as eating or or hygiene? How am i supposed to make things better when even just maintaining them takes more than i have?

• Aww..
dreamcatcher90

dreamcatcher90

Aug 3, 2024
They all want so much i cant do though, i dony know how to do any of this if i csnt do things as simple as eating or or hygiene? How am i supposed to make things better when even just maintaining them takes more than i have?
Then you should try your best to speak with medical professionals.

If life is that difficult for you even with simple things like eating or hygiene, it is very strange that they don't give you disability or proper treatment/medications to improve the quality of your life.

M

M19R

Aug 12, 2024
Then you should try your best to speak with medical professionals.

If life is that difficult for you even with simple things like eating or hygiene, it is very strange that they don't give you disability or proper treatment/medications to improve the quality of your life.
Apparently i "communicate too well" to get disability according to the last person i managed to get a straight answer out of about my case. But if i communicated worse i wouldn't be able to even finish the paperwork and interview processes. It's actively set up to prevent as many people in america as possible from getting disability. I know someone who was bedridden and it still took 5 years of arguing with the state to get them disability. Ive been fighting them since i was 17, im so fucking tired of fighting.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I guess my main worry is that more bad things are going to keep happening while im already too overwhelmed to even fix or process what's already here.

The pain is in my legs, i use a cane or a wheelchair most of the time but i cant at work. They wont give me disability because i dont have a diagnosis for why im hurting so much despite a lot of tests. Been trying for years to figure it out.

There's probably a work from home job somewhere that i could do but ive applied for hundreds, none of them want me. Not even if i falsify enough records to look twice as qualified.
Are you in the USA?