ayla

ayla

Jun 30, 2024
howwwww do i stop this feeling lol :c im so tired of hearing "youre young u haven't had real hardships" from family but when it comes to other girls my age they feel so bad for them. idk i feel weird horrible selfish gross to say that i get upset when this happens ugh i feel like my depression is nothing compared to theirs.. like i could be doing more??? its so weird & i know its not some competition but FUCKsdjfsjkfsfnskjfsk

• Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002, dazednconfused and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think that's a perfectly good reason to feel upset. I used to get like that too to be honest. Where parents in particular seem more interested, more convinced by and more sympathetic towards other people's problems. Why wouldn't we be upset? We're their children- surely, that ought to take priority.

I'm not exactly sure why it is. I think sometimes, they just don't want to admit to themselves how messed up we might be. That's maybe not the best reflection on them.

• Hugs
Reactions: ayla, vampire2002 and dazednconfused
dazednconfused

dazednconfused

could i be an angel?
Oct 8, 2024
hi, i feel the same way really. but in the end we all die :) maybe you could be 'doing more' or something like that but pain and suffering is just a standard of this earth. some people live fine in these 3rd world countries, some believe they dont even need help, even though 'objectively' they have a lesser standard of living than those of 1st world countries. but so many in the first world will want to die. yet some in the third are okay to live life. i speak not hypothetically, but from experience of cameroon on my fathers side of the family, and my mother being from US.
generally, suffering is better to be looked at as just that. suffering.
it all is pain.
and that's the human condition. you get no award for ending your life, cutting more or less, there is no retribution. someone will always be looking down. even after death.

• Hugs
Reactions: ayla
awaitinglove

awaitinglove

lost in my head
Apr 30, 2023
howwwww do i stop this feeling lol :c im so tired of hearing "youre young u haven't had real hardships" from family but when it comes to other girls my age they feel so bad for them. idk i feel weird horrible selfish gross to say that i get upset when this happens ugh i feel like my depression is nothing compared to theirs.. like i could be doing more??? its so weird & i know its not some competition but FUCKsdjfsjkfsfns
I'm 20 and have been told like 100 times that my problems don't mean anything compared to other individuals so I totally get where you're coming from. Just remember that your feelings are completely valid regardless of how much people dismiss them to you being a young individual. If what you're going through has you feeling depressed then it has you feeling depressed. Your situation doesn't take away from the pain you're feeling. I'm sorry that other people are making you feel that way </3

• Love
Reactions: ayla