Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I always knew dads shameful attitude of my sensitivity was a reflection of him and not me

But hearing him repeatedly talk down to himself doesn't make me feel "happy" that he's suffering

I don't know why I don't feel this righteous sense of satisfaction at his self pity

I just heard him out and reminded him of why he should see a therapist and that it's up to him

I really hope I can decide what I do with my future so I am entangle myself from this enmeshment

I'm just surprised I'm not "happy" about his misery as I feel I should be

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Maybe in some way you didn't want to treat your dad the way he treated you. Maybe you felt empathy because now that he admits he's hurting like you. Seeing yourself on other people can bring out the worse in people but it seems in this case you've chosen to understand him even begrudgingly.

I just hope your dad can learns from that too. If not, well i hope you find your own peace.

(My dad's trash too.)

• Love
Reactions: Water-Lily
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Maybe in some way you didn't want to treat your dad the way he treated you. Maybe you felt empathy because now that he admits he's hurting like you. Seeing yourself on other people can bring out the worse in people but it seems in this case you've chosen to understand him even begrudgingly.

I just hope your dad can learns from that too. If not, well i hope you find your own peace.

(My dad's trash too.)
Yeah. I would have every right to curse him out, fight him, disrespect him for all the ways he failed (and still contuous to) fail me

But I can't. I just don't have it in me. While I look forward to the day I can leave and work on my education away from home, I choose to be cordial and communicative regardless

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog