blairbear64

blairbear64

⁰○°Bubbles⁰○°
Apr 5, 2023
Everything feels like it's falling apart and I feel like I have no control over my negative emotions. Every little thing sets me off. I wish I coukd just stop existing, this would be easier, I wouldn't have to get off of this and I wouldn't have to try another medication that probably also won't work. I can't handle this. Idk how I'm gonna do this for several more months???
I cry for no reason and when im anxious it's so bad that I shake uncontrollably. I want to scream and run away and I want to be alone but at the same time being alone is so much worse... but ill just end up hurting people if I'm around them right now. I'll lash out and say something hurtful because I'm such an irritable mess. Idk what to do. Nothing makes me feel better. And the emotional bit is just half of it. How I feel physically... its so awful. I want to curl up and die. I really do. Just existing feels like torture right now.
I know it isn't forever but MONTHS of this??? How do I do this? What makes it better?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, cgrtt.brns, NumbItAll and 1 other person
ruru_241

ruru_241

even angels get sad
Mar 12, 2023
i'm not sure how to reply .. but i do know you're not alone with lexapro withdrawal (except i'm not taking them because i feel a bit scared to with any kind of medication right now) .. i genuienly hope things get easier for you soon. i'm always up to talking with you if you need distraction n we could talk abt our interests !

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
How long has it been? The first few weeks (acute withdrawal period) are the worst. After that, it may still be terrible but hopefully more manageable. It can take a while for the brain to recover from adaptations that happened while taking the drug, but it will happen. If you are able to do a slow taper, that would make it easier. I started a traumatic withdrawal from fluoxetine almost a year ago and it was a lot like you described. I lost a lot of functionality for a couple months. I wish there was some magic trick but it is really about managing symptoms the best you can. Things that helped me were: CBD, benzos (only one per week to avoid addiction), music, exercise, outdoors, venting on SS, researching withdrawal to understand it better. I also had to explain to people why I might be extremely irritable and unable to talk normally lol. Hope you can find some peace.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
are you following a very slow taper? Join a Facebook group and follow the slow taper advice. You might need to reinstate then taper more slowly.